Post Your Ride

bychosis

Re: Post Your Ride

Postby bychosis » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 pm

HEres one with black forks. Grips are Yeti turqoise, but look a bit green in the pic. Love the reduced complexity of 1x9 with a widgit.

Went tubeless today, all is good.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Fletch

Postby Fletch » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:20 pm

bychosis wrote:Image

HEres one with black forks. Grips are Yeti turqoise, but look a bit green in the pic. Love the reduced complexity of 1x9 with a widgit.

Went tubeless today, all is good.
nice, black stickers on the white forks for me, will get a new pic up when have finished fitting brakes and wheels. I was thinking of going tubeless, but i tend to change tyres a bit and rarely get flats

kom123

Postby kom123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi all, new to the forum :D

This is my Avanti Vapour 2.6, have changed the stock tyres and pedals, put on a hydraulic seatpost (which has been great!). Only got it in December and have been trying to go offroad at leasat two to three times a month. Also went in the Mont24 (my first ever MTB event) which was a real buzz!

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Fletch wrote: nice, black stickers on the white forks for me, will get a new pic up when have finished fitting brakes and wheels. I was thinking of going tubeless, but i tend to change tyres a bit and rarely get flats
Realized I have set up tubeless with my 'race' tyres with a long time before racing again, one of the hassles of tubeless I guess. Will prob switch the tyres to the older ones this weekend. Have to get the scales out too, must be around 11kg now.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:00 pm

kom123 wrote:Hi all, new to the forum :D

This is my Avanti Vapour 2.6, have changed the stock tyres and pedals, put on a hydraulic seatpost (which has been great!). Only got it in December and have been trying to go offroad at leasat two to three times a month. Also went in the Mont24 (my first ever MTB event) which was a real buzz!

Hi KOM.

Nice looking bike. The photo looks like Faulconbridge Point.

kom123

Postby kom123 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Sharkey wrote:
Hi KOM.

Nice looking bike. The photo looks like Faulconbridge Point.
Spot on Sharkey! I love it as a good training ride for fitness. Holds up relatively well in bad weather when most other places are closed due to heavy rain.

ISA13B

Postby ISA13B » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Hey guys.

First ever post, be gentle.

Got only 2 bikes currently, wife said I had too many, so donated my old alloy Mongoose Tetra SX to my old man once I rebuilt it, and gave my more recent chromo Kona Explosiv to my bike builder for parts.

So now I have the MTB. 2011 Kona Tanuki Deluxe free ride/all mountain bike. (goes great as a SC bike as well if you ask me) 5" travel, 180mm discs with Elixr 5 brakes, pretty light for a big bike.
Pretty stock apart from white Oury grips and white studded BMX flats. It runs FSA cranks and chainwheels, XT rear mech, Rockshox Sector TK air forks, Kona branded rear shock, Shimano XC wheels, Maxxis ardent tyres blah blah blah.

My other bike is a Ribble Ultralite 7005 road bike. I bought the frame and had the rest built up. Its got Aclass R2.0 wheelset (not the best but fairly strong) Shimano tiagra levers, cranks, chainwheels and rear derailuer.
Shimano 105 clipless pedals and Shimano Ultegra front derailuer. Up front it uses an ITM headset, the stem and bars are off a 2011 Scott Foil, as is the seat. The seat post in the pic was FSA carbon, but now its got a carbon Easton EC70 post.
Since the pic was taken i've upgraded all the bolts to anodised red, replaced the skewers with red Ti ones and she grips the road with red walled Schwable Lugarnos.

kom123

Postby kom123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:13 am

ISA13B wrote:My other bike is a Ribble Ultralite 7005 road bike. I bought the frame and had the rest built up. Its got Aclass R2.0 wheelset (not the best but fairly strong) Shimano tiagra levers, cranks, chainwheels and rear derailuer.
Shimano 105 clipless pedals and Shimano Ultegra front derailuer. Up front it uses an ITM headset, the stem and bars are off a 2011 Scott Foil, as is the seat. The seat post in the pic was FSA carbon, but now its got a carbon Easton EC70 post.
Since the pic was taken i've upgraded all the bolts to anodised red, replaced the skewers with red Ti ones and she grips the road with red walled Schwable Lugarnos.
Welcome :) What's the weight on the road bike, looks good!

ISA13B

Postby ISA13B » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:26 am

Hey Kom.

Not sure to tell you the truth, its around half the weight of the Kona. :D

The frame and carbon fork weigh 2074g, so its not really that "Ultralite" LOL

If I had to guess I'd say around 7-8kg maybe? I'll weigh it tonight.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 pm

The current lot of Konas are a big improvement aesthetically - nice ride!

CafeCruiser

Postby CafeCruiser » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:41 am

ISA13B wrote:I'd say around 7-8kg maybe?
Do your scales go down that low:)

Crittski

Postby Crittski » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 am

Just swapped frames from a 2010 Blur XCc to a Blur TRc. Chasing a bit more travel, bit slacker front end, and the incremental improvements of a tapered steerer and 15mm thru axle:

Looking forward to the first test ride later today!
Santa Cruz Blur TRc XTR
Volagi Liscio Ultegra

Jean

Postby Jean » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:17 am

Very nice. Me like'm Santa Cruz bikes in general, they always seem just right in some way.

Santa Cruz or Liteville? One of the great unresolved questions in my life. Given my bank balance, the question will remain unanswered for a while yet. :roll:

Gordo

Postby Gordo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 am

love the look of the blur.

very much sold on santa cruz too. pricing is just a little touchy in australia...but i think workable...??? High up on the buy list atm

main question for me is do i get a tallboy or superlight 29. price differential between TB and SL29 isnt so much in australia as in the U.S unfortunately. Do like the easier servicablity of the SL29 but TB seems pretty darn good on that front too. I mean, what else has grease ports?

Second issue is do i go a 120mm or 100mm fox fork....or maybe Talas. I believe i can shorten the 120mm fork to 100mm via spacers if i dont like it.

SC seems to have great versatility and servicability.

redninja

Postby redninja » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:55 pm

NICE SC! Hey...where did you get that piece of plastic that protects the frame from the rubbing of the cable?
Virtue 3
Izoard XP
VNT 29
Bambike

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 pm

redninja wrote:NICE SC! Hey...where did you get that piece of plastic that protects the frame from the rubbing of the cable?
This is overkill, but: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-CLEAR-POL ... 0791236906

I've had a piece of this stuff, about 15cm x 10cm ... Have been cutting off small pieces as I feel the need for it... So far it has lasted about five years and over about four bikes... still have about a third of it left.

EDIT: I got it from a motorbike shop.

redninja

Postby redninja » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks Kenzo!
Virtue 3
Izoard XP
VNT 29
Bambike

uglybob

Postby uglybob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:41 pm

sold my 2008 Epic recently, and upgraded to this bad boy!

2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon 29'er (XL)

All stock (besides a set of Enduro grips), fitted with XT pedals, with a set of Easton Haven Carbon riser bars on the way. Conversion to tubeless in the next week or two as well.

Love it, such a big step up from the Epic - it rolls so well. its like riding a big tractor around the place haha :P

Martin

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Suspension ? I don't need no suspension.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Martin wrote:Suspension ? I don't need no suspension.

With respect, your mountain bike appears to have slick tyres indicating that off road is not common and you probably dont need suspension. Parking teh front wheel in some landscaping doesn't make it a mountain bike :lol:

Martin

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Haha! You are dead right. Plus it was on the Windsor Rd cycleway.
It's a nice bike to ride though, I'm 115kg so an old steel clunker is a smart choice.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:26 am

Martin wrote:Haha! You are dead right. Plus it was on the Windsor Rd cycleway.
It's a nice bike to ride though, I'm 115kg so an old steel clunker is a smart choice.
The bike you ride is a good bike.

Slow6

Postby Slow6 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:26 pm

A little more retro steel to balance this thread out.... Nice old Trek martin!

Martin

Postby Martin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Now that is stunning. Never seen anything like it before.
Looks way ahead of it's time.

landscapecadmonkey

Postby landscapecadmonkey » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Martin wrote:Now that is stunning. Never seen anything like it before.
Looks way ahead of it's time.
+1. stunning bike, stunning photo.
chop wood