Gazelle Innergy power outputs

hiflange

Gazelle Innergy power outputs

Postby hiflange » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Hey all,
my other half is once again considering buying an bike. We looked at and loved the Gazelles a couple of years ago but she didn't move on them. The e-bike marketplace has become crowded, to say the least, and in common with other posters here I've noted that many of the offerings are based on what would in other contexts be regarded as BSO's.

For better or worse we've opted to go with a well regarded manufacturer, Gazelle. I'm hoping the research time saved will outweigh the premium.

So her indoors went and checked out the current offerings today. She came home with the brochure... I checked out the website.... there's one thing I can't verify from either - what wattage the engine is.. The salesperson at the shop indicated that the 2013 models would have more juice than the 2012 models. They weren't offering a special deal on the remaining 2012 floorstock AFAIK - "prices are on the Gazelle website"

Anybody know whether there's a power change due for the 2013 Gazelle e-bikes?

Howzat

Re: Gazelle Innergy power outputs

Postby Howzat » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 pm

From what I've been able to pick up, the motors are 250W, but regulated ("detuned") in the electronics to meet the Australian standard output of 200W. Dealers can adjust this... I believe the standard has just been changed to 250W in Australia, recently.

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:32 pm

thanx Howzat, probably no significant changes between the '12 and '13 models then? Be nice to hear from pvb123 on this question :)

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:33 am

There's going to be plenty of difference between the new and old model. The newer one will have extra torque and should be better for dealing with hills. I went with this years model because I thought $2k was an absolute steal and the new model at $3k whilst a fair price would have been to hard for me to justify.
2012 Oppy A4

pvb123

Postby pvb123 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 pm

HI Robert, :D

"From what I've been able to pick up, the motors are 250W, but regulated ("detuned") in the electronics to meet the Australian standard output of 200W. Dealers can adjust this... I believe the standard has just been changed to 250W in Australia, recently.

Correct answer from Howzat.

The new XT (Xtra Torque) motor on the Gazelle Orange Plus XT http://www.gazellebicycles.com.au/orang ... ?task=view has a geared motor yet uses the same wattage as the less powerful motor on other Gazelle E-Bikes.

The main difference on the 2013 XT over the 2012 Orange Pure Innergy are the addition of a digital display (versus LED), suspended front forks and the more powerful motor. The new motor actually generates 3 x more torque than previous motors. This is what our customers have been asking for in the hillier parts of Australian cities.

Cycle safe!

Paul (from Gazelle Bicycles Australia) :D

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks for the replies. Will let you know what we do when we do it