Brown Jersey

steveo

Brown Jersey

Postby steveo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi there

Looking at my first fixie and like the look of the Monaco from Brown Jersey, Fuji classic track or Azzurri pista. Has anyone had any experience with these bikes.
Thank you.

PeteV

Re: Brown Jersey

Postby PeteV » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:13 am

The Fuji are a good bike and lots of people swear by them as an intro into the fixed/Single Speed/fixie scene. Haven't really heard anything about the other two though.

BRLVR.v2

Postby BRLVR.v2 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 am

BJ bikes look like all the other generic pap. Fujis are good,and bestoption i'd say. 3rd is ally with crabonfork, so not an apples with apples comparo really. Good price, thoughyou mmay need to buy a brake if you don't wanna be all mimimalist and cool.

SentryBox

Postby SentryBox » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Mate of mine bought a BJ Fixie last year - I actually don't mind it. He changed up a few parts (cranks and new wheelset) I think but he still seems to be happy with it.

SentryBox

Postby SentryBox » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:58 pm

OK - a bit of an update on this one.

I have bought a few small parts from them previously when I was building my Cinelli Gazetta and after pondering this thread I got in contact and ended up going out to Dural on Saturday to check out their warehouse.

To cut a long story short I am now the proud owner of a very nice (imo)'Candy Apple' 5 Speed (Sturmey Archer) Bike compliments of the very nice people at Brown Jersey. It will replace the Gazetta as my daily commuter and will get a very good workout (it will get thrashed actually).

On the original topic I had a good look at the original single speed stuff in their showroom as well as some prototypes of their new range (due in October?). The original stuff (like the one my mate bought last year is ok - solid, simple) - but if the production models of their new generation single speed bikes live up to the prototypes I saw I'd wait until they are available because they were sensational.

Milesfromnowhere

Postby Milesfromnowhere » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 am

I've had a Brown Jersey Oscar for 18 months. I really liked it for over a year and now really don't.

I was riding to work in October - hit a very small bump in the road and the handlebar snapped in two at the stem.

The resulting loss of control left me with a broken wrist, broken ribs and no riding for three months. The wrist is now full of titanium and will never be as good as it was.

I can't see this as anything other than a manufacturing fault. I hope it was a one off.

HLC

Postby HLC » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Milesfromnowhere wrote:I've had a Brown Jersey Oscar for 18 months. I really liked it for over a year and now really don't.

I was riding to work in October - hit a very small bump in the road and the handlebar snapped in two at the stem.

The resulting loss of control left me with a broken wrist, broken ribs and no riding for three months. The wrist is now full of titanium and will never be as good as it was.

I can't see this as anything other than a manufacturing fault. I hope it was a one off.
Terrible thing to happen.

Could have been anything. Defective handlebar, over tightening on the stem face plate bolts ...

wqlava1

Postby wqlava1 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Oxford wrote:Image
I thought this was going to be a thread about cows, very disappointed.
And I thought it might be about brown jerseys like this woollen one that's a favourite of mine from autumn through to spring...

http://www.oregoncyclewear.com/catalog/ ... 793113.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....and it seems they are on sale now! just saw it as i was finding the link. I have bought a few jerseys from this mob.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue May 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Pffft, Jerseys should be caramel, not brown :) . Beautiful cows, much nicer to deal with than the Friesian/Holstein monstrosities you see in most dairies.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

SentryBox

Postby SentryBox » Sat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Or you could get the real thing:
http://www.brownjersey.com.au/shop/products/show/id/67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...I got one of these last winter - very surprising just how good old fashioned wool is - really breathable and warm.