Anyone missing a Black Orbea Occam ?

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
Busta

Anyone missing a Black Orbea Occam ?

Postby Busta » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:36 pm

I've advertised my roadie to swap for a MTB and have been sent a heap of texts from a guy who seems VERY keen to swap me his Orbea Occam.

The bike looks immaculate in pics, but the guy doesn't seem to know anything about it. He doesn't have receipts, yet has only owned it for a month.. he doesn't know which shop it came from as 'his brother bought it for him', he hasn't ridden it, etc, etc. He can't even tell me if it's alu or carbon. Plus he hasn't even asked me what size my roadie is.. only question was how much is it worth.

I'm not 100% that it's stolen, but I'd have to be pretty naive to think it's legit.

If anyone has had their Orbea Occam stolen, send me a pic or link one in this thread. If the bike looks the same I'll pass on the guys details (don't want someone being harrassed if it's not actually stolen).

Cheers.

Crittski

Re: Anyone missing a Black Orbea Occam ?

Postby Crittski » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:16 pm

I would assume it was stolen if I were you and grab one from competitive cyclist instead...
Santa Cruz Blur TRc XTR
Volagi Liscio Ultegra

Busta

Postby Busta » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Crittski wrote:I would assume it was stolen if I were you and grab one from competitive cyclist instead...
Thanks Crittski.. I'm not so fussed on getting this bike in particular, but more about putting it back in the hands of it's rightful owner if it is infact stolen....

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Well done Busta, good strategy for allowing someone to track down the bike without going to far.
Cycling is in my BNA

cobba

Postby cobba » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am

There was one stolen around Newcastle a couple of years ago.

http://glenrocktrailalliance.com/node/17106

Looks like the bike was recently found by someone but the owner couldn't get it back because he didn't know it's serial number.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthr ... llingworth