Rides in Sydney's north shore

Rides in Sydney's north shore

Postby Sweeney79 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:10 am

Hi there. I am new to this site and to road ridding. Over the last 12 months I have been doing a very short ride to work (6kms) on an mtb. The more I rode the more I enjoyed and so purchased myself a road bike. I have now started doing some rides over lunch, various versions of Chatswood to the other side of the harbour bridge. I can manage about 25 kms over my hour long lunch break and was hoping for some suggestions for rides people do in this area.
Hopefully this is the right place to post this, if not please direct me to where it should be. Fantastic forum btw, as someone new to road ridding I have found it to be a great site!
Sweeney79

by BNA » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:07 pm

BNA

Re: Rides in Sydney's north shore

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Welcome to the forum, and to road riding!

There are plenty of options for this end of Sydney. I have a friend who does regular lunch rides around chatswood. Check Google Maps and turn on the cycling lanes layer and you'll see plenty of ways to make up a loop.

Also, check out bikenorth.org.au as they have plenty of rides in the area listed on their website.

There are also several clubs in the area that do different levels of bunch rides, Bike North, Turramurra Peleton, Northern Sydney CC (and undoubtedly others)

Cheers,
Dave
Ozkaban

Postby Sweeney79 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks so much for that info and the welcome, I think I will get involved in one of the cycling cycling groups. Didn't know about that mapping feature either!
Sweeney79

Postby find_bruce » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

When I used to live at Chatswood I discovered everywhere you went was downhill - always made it hard to get home
find_bruce

Postby Sweeney79 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:51 am

find_bruce wrote:When I used to live at Chatswood I discovered everywhere you went was downhill - always made it hard to get home

Yeah I have discovered this also, but I like the hills so fine with me:grin:
Sweeney79

Postby sir_camel » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Try Lane Cove National Park from the bottom of Fullers Rd. Generally fairly quiet traffic wise and it's only been a few years since it has been resurfaced so it's great to ride on. A few rolling hills and one bigger one up to Lane Cove Rd. Great for doing some laps.
sir_camel

Return to New South Wales