Video Camera who uses one?

MattyK

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby MattyK » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:14 pm

wizardhat

Postby wizardhat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 am

The video on youtube for that camera looks better than my contour gps :(. Looking forward to part 2 of his review.

PA

Postby PA » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 am

Early racecam mount.

Mouse magnet

mjd

Postby mjd » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Interested in this one. Unsure of mounting options though. $160.00 from Top Buy, anyone bought from there ? http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/Liqu ... 166454.htm

Marto

Postby Marto » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:36 pm

PA wrote:Early racecam mount.

The camel couldn't keep up?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 pm

i have one of these, with the battery pack (as shown). i can't seem to get the camera to record, when the battery pack is plugged in. is this normal? or am i doing something wrong?

Marto

Postby Marto » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:34 pm

jules21 wrote:Image
i have one of these, with the battery pack (as shown). i can't seem to get the camera to record, when the battery pack is plugged in. is this normal? or am i doing something wrong?
I read somewhere that the charger cable is wired in specific and differing ways between 808/Jumbo camera models, so a battery pack for a 808 #16 doesn't work in a Jumbo (or 808 #11). It could be that, which means wasted money for you (but if it turns out you have a "808 #16" battery pack, I'd be interested). Cant remember where sorry but one ebay seller of these cameras sells chargers specific to each model Link Jumbo, Link #16.

Another possibility is that you may have to do a different key press sequence when recording while charging. GraemeL?

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Marto wrote:
I read somewhere that the charger cable is wired in specific and differing ways between 808/Jumbo camera models, so a battery pack for a 808 #16 doesn't work in a Jumbo (or 808 #11). It could be that, which means wasted money for you (but if it turns out you have a "808 #16" battery pack, I'd be interested). Cant remember where sorry but one ebay seller of these cameras sells chargers specific to each model Link Jumbo, Link #16.

Another possibility is that you may have to do a different key press sequence when recording while charging. GraemeL?
Somewhere here may be your answer

Try turning on the camera and start recording before connecting the external power.
Last edited by Pushy on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les
06' Giant TCR C1
08' Colnago CLX
07' Apollo Swift

VW Jetta Diesel 5.5l/100km

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Marto wrote: I read somewhere that the charger cable is wired in specific and differing ways between 808/Jumbo camera models, so a battery pack for a 808 #16 doesn't work in a Jumbo (or 808 #11).
they were sold together so i'm guessing not that. it's an 808 #11
Marto wrote:Another possibility is that you may have to do a different key press sequence when recording while charging. GraemeL?
sounds possible. hitting the big button at the front activates record without the external battery connected. in that case, the orange light is on, but switches off when recording starts. with the external battery connected, the orange light stays on and doesn't go off when hitting the record button - neither does it record. so plugging the external battery in somehow blocks the recording operation?

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Just wanted to mention another camera, similar to the GoPro.

It is called the CamOne Infinity - It is similar in size to a GoPro, but has more functionality, and is a bit cheaper too. It comes with an LCD screen as standard.

I bought one for my trip to Hawaii, and used it underwater, as well as ziplining - worked really nicely, and has more buttons than a GoPro.

http://www.camonetec.com/

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:00 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:Just wanted to mention another camera, similar to the GoPro.

It is called the CamOne Infinity - It is similar in size to a GoPro, but has more functionality, and is a bit cheaper too. It comes with an LCD screen as standard.

I bought one for my trip to Hawaii, and used it underwater, as well as ziplining - worked really nicely, and has more buttons than a GoPro.

http://www.camonetec.com/

Where'd you get it from?
2012 Oppy A4

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:23 pm

I actually bought it overseas, and had it shipped to my hotel in Oahu, but they are available in Aussieland.

http://www.worldhobbies.com/product/COIN01_item.html

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:07 pm

RonK wrote:Wifi BacPac & Remote Kit arrived from Dave's Discount Motors yesterday.
Well, getting it all working is quite a lengthy process and I would advise anyone attempting it to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.

First, you need to make sure you have the latest version of GoPro Cineform Studio installed on your computer, or update it if not. Then you have to update the GoPro software. Followed by the WiFi BacPac software. And finally, the Remote software.

It's very important to ensure the bacpac and remote are fully charged before attempting the updates. And when updating the remote, take heed of the instructions to disconnect the charging cable (this is why the battery must be fully charged).

I didn't read the instructions properly and didn't disconnect the charging cable from the Remote. It took several retries before I succeeded in establishing the connection and installing the update.

Note that getting the remote to sync with the bacpac takes a few minutes so you just have to be patient.

Lots of complaints on the www from people who have stuffed it up and can't get the remote to connect. But mine is working just fine now...
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

wizardhat

Postby wizardhat » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:34 am

Sony's new action cam is looking interesting, in particular 120fps 720p?! Looking forward to seeing some sample footage.

http://www.sony.com.au/product/hdr-as15

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:53 am

RonK wrote:
RonK wrote:Wifi BacPac & Remote Kit arrived from Dave's Discount Motors yesterday.
Well, getting it all working is quite a lengthy process and I would advise anyone attempting it to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.

First, you need to make sure you have the latest version of GoPro Cineform Studio installed on your computer, or update it if not. Then you have to update the GoPro software. Followed by the WiFi BacPac software. And finally, the Remote software.

It's very important to ensure the bacpac and remote are fully charged before attempting the updates. And when updating the remote, take heed of the instructions to disconnect the charging cable (this is why the battery must be fully charged).

I didn't read the instructions properly and didn't disconnect the charging cable from the Remote. It took several retries before I succeeded in establishing the connection and installing the update.

Note that getting the remote to sync with the bacpac takes a few minutes so you just have to be patient.

Lots of complaints on the www from people who have stuffed it up and can't get the remote to connect. But mine is working just fine now...

I can vouch for DDM's great service. Spent many a paycheck there...

GraemeL

Postby GraemeL » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:04 am

How are you connecting it and what lights if any are on? Are you only pressing the power button once and the record button once?

When the camera is connected to the battery, the little light on the camera will be a steady red colour, press the power button and an orange light will come on. It may be hard to see because the red light is always on behind it, press the record button and the light will glow red again.

If you look at the light at an angle, you should see the two lights on.

Graeme
***Looking For Information About Bicycle Cameras ***

* Bicycle Camera FAQ's *** Mounting FAQ’s & DIY Mounts *

JBark

Postby JBark » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:01 pm

wizardhat wrote:Sony's new action cam is looking interesting, in particular 120fps 720p?! Looking forward to seeing some sample footage.

http://www.sony.com.au/product/hdr-as15
And it looks like the price will be quite reasonable for Sony product:
HDRAS10 - $200
HDRAS15 - $270

The 15 has WiFi for copying video, otherwise they are identical. Can't wait to see some reviews in the next month or two.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Part of of my (perhaps ill-advised) k-edge bling cash splash has arrived - the GoPro mount. Will test it out today.

I've finally settled on a handlebar mount right next to the stem. Helmet mount made me feel like I'm on a roller coaster when watching it and the bottom of the drops position had a lot of vibration. So far the next-to-stem mount seems to be good. I'm hoping that replacing 3 plastic components with an alu one will improve things again. Interestingly, the K-Edge handlebar mount screws specify 2Nm max. That's not a lot...

Cheers,
Dave

chucknitro

Postby chucknitro » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 pm

AUbicycles wrote:I was raving about the K-Edge Go Big mount (For GoPro) until this happened…

I will admit it wasn't a gust of wind though actually didn't expect it to give as easily as it did.
Please tell me you knocked it on something solid...:)
2018 Canyon Endurance SLX DB 9.0 DI

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:45 pm

chucknitro wrote:Please tell me you knocked it on something solid...:)
I couldn't get back sooner. It hasn't failed of its own accord however I didn't feel for that the force of the impact into soft dirt should be enough to fracture a $60 mount. As an aluminium mount it isn't as malleable as steel so will fracture rather than deform, though exactly at the point where it failed is a screw that goes through the middle, so a weak point.

On the roadbike I specifically mounted it under than handlebars once I found a way to get through the cable spagetti and have a clear view.

In short I felt that the knock it did receive was quite light to have this result considering it is a $60 mount however will have to await the verdict and see if the retailer agrees, I did provide a photo and they did ask me to send it in.
Cycling is in my BNA

ozdavo

Postby ozdavo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:57 am

GoPro HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition $279 (+ shipping) at Kogan...
Always looking for new rides & ride partners in SE QLD area

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:33 am

ozdavo wrote:GoPro HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition $279 (+ shipping) at Kogan...
Now group buy at ebay for $277 + shipping. Still needs 68 buyers tho and what a bet they will get them.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Near Misses in traffic or Crashes on Video?

I would love to hear from you if you are interested in sharing your story/footage. I am in touch with a PR company who have found this angle interesting, sports cameras used for safety/evidence by cyclists as opposed to just sports. Just send me a PM or email: info@bicycles.net.au and one or two sentences on your experience.

Cheers
Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:45 pm

No probs, that's the way it should be but stay in touch.
Cycling is in my BNA

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am