How to dismount a unicycle

Baalzamon

How to dismount a unicycle

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:24 pm

Caught up with Colin today and he wanted a few photos of me so proceeded ahead. I watched him dismount, the gopro kinda gets it just watch it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZfYXRu02Vs&hd=1[/youtube]
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Ozkaban

Re: How to dismount a unicycle

Postby Ozkaban » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:13 pm

I dunno about the dismount, all I saw was a recumbent getting dropped by a unicycle :shock:

Go Colin :twisted:

Phil

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Ozkaban wrote:I dunno about the dismount, all I saw was a recumbent getting dropped by a unicycle :shock:

Gold.....

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Ozkaban wrote:I dunno about the dismount, all I saw was a recumbent getting dropped by a unicycle :shock:

Now I'm going to have to go extract video that showed me dropping colin twice....

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:46 pm

The short focal length does make me seem to stretch out and away pretty quickly. Very flattering and totally wrong.

I could just bask in the glory of beating a bent but unfortunately Stu has already set the recod straight.

Stu, the pics and video I got is good, I'll post it and a link tonight to my photobucket account.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Right Stu, I've uploaded the pics and video I took and they are at http://s991.photobucket.com/upload/albu ... n+20120831

I may clear some off after a few weeks so it is best if you download them soon.

Unfortunately I don't know that I can embed it here from Facebucket (though if anyone knows otherwise I'd be pleased to hear). But here's two of the closer pics I managed in the fleeting moments.

Great video too - It is the only hi-qual video I have of the unicycle. I suppose I really should do something about that. :?

Joeblake

Postby Joeblake » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Watching that video makes me realise how lucky we are to have such a fabulous place to ride. Because I live in the hills I never see that stretch of river so early in the day. But there are compensations. I might just post a video one day. :roll: :mrgreen:

Joe
To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy
Bertrand Russell

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Joeblake wrote:Watching that video makes me realise how lucky we are to have such a fabulous place to ride. Because I live in the hills I never see that stretch of river so early in the day. But there are compensations. I might just post a video one day. :roll: :mrgreen:

Joe
Oh yes I loved it. Intention was to meet Phil at Canning Bridge. Left 5 mins late but due to detours and red lights I missed him and having left my mobile at home :roll: Instead I rolled past colin on the way to meeting Phil and ended up changing my lenses from clear to dark and caught upto colin again. That is where he took photos and I got video of him. Essentially Colin was doing 11-13kph and then just hopped off the unicycle and got his phone ready to shoot and film.
But as I said loved going out that early in the morning so I'm repeating it and hopefully catching Phil next time. But next week is looking a little dodgy. Might crack out trainer and try roadie and see how my shoulder copes with it.

Joeblake

Postby Joeblake » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Joeblake wrote:Watching that video makes me realise how lucky we are to have such a fabulous place to ride. Because I live in the hills I never see that stretch of river so early in the day. But there are compensations. I might just post a video one day. :roll: :mrgreen:

Joe
Here's a couple bits of video I've put together and just posted on youtube.

The first part is going through Rivervale, finally next to the Burswood golf course. (The trouble with holding the camera near the chest is it picks up my heavy breathing :oops: )

Maybe we could start a thread dedicated to videos of a favourite ride.

Joe
To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy
Bertrand Russell

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:00 am

I quite enjoy getting out onto not-to-rough tracks and paths when I get away from Perth - Places I am not doing every day. Joeblakes video gets me thinking of doing a heap of it when I am retired. Thanks Joe.

Mundabiddi is on my short term plan.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:I quite enjoy getting out onto not-to-rough tracks and paths when I get away from Perth - Places I am not doing every day. Joeblakes video gets me thinking of doing a heap of it when I am retired. Thanks Joe.

Mundabiddi is on my short term plan.
As it is on mine, When my shoulder is better tho so I can use a MTB or touring bike, or my masi :mrgreen: Not sure my trike can handle the Munda Biddi. I've got the trail guides already for it, except the new ones they are opening up.