Cyclist bids to stop illegal parking

rolandp

Re: Cyclist bids to stop illegal parking

Postby rolandp » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:18 am

Additional examples, yesterday:
Image - http://www.neatstreets.com.au/Report/10009200

Image - http://www.neatstreets.com.au/Report/10009201

Again at the Trifty Car/Can Hire in Osborne Park.

All made it to the City of Stirling with:
"On behalf of the City of Stirling, we would like to thank you for your email."

Joeblake

Postby Joeblake » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 am

exadios wrote: ... Imaging what would happen if the Police Dept. decided that, because none its officers saw a mugging occur, they could not bring a prosecution if they had sufficient evidence, witnesses, etc.
How often do we hear "Police are appealing for witnesses to the event"? :roll:

Joe
To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy
Bertrand Russell

Jackfrost

Postby Jackfrost » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 am

Selective enforcement based around resources and/or political whims.

Sounds very similar to an issue with the Town of Claremont where the issue of the Big Day Out and Soundwave Festival being moved from the Showgrounds due to complaints about noise from adjacent residents... the same residents who aren't bothered about the noise during the Royal Show (fireworks at 9pm) on weeknights when they can charge up to $10 per car for parking. When it was enquired whether they allowed this they responded no, when enquired whether this was illegal they responded yes, when enquired whether they would enforce it they responded that "The Town investigates alleged breaches of the Act and its local laws (as long as they are not frivolous or vexatious)... the Town considers the public interest and community value in the excise of its powers. That some residents (not all) oppose an event taking part is not a reason for the exercise of a punitive power".

Basically acknowledging that the ToClarement are allowing illegally making money off parking at the Royal Show to appease adjacent residents... selective enforcement based on political whim.

nachoman

Postby nachoman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:08 pm

This morning a Carpenter had his truck and two other vehicles fully blocking the bike path on Gribble Rd Gwelup. Another cyclist looked like he was stopped to give them a few words. In hindsight I should have done the same and taken some photos.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:02 am

It was not me, I've learnt the hard way to not approach tradies who park illegally and just report them. In the case of gribble rd, it is a new house where the next type of tradies are in and this morning it wasn't just one car, it was around 6. Very rare to see a cyclist actually on the shared path on this road as it is crap, but peds certainly walk on it and very poor to see this volume of cars abusing it.

I did report the car parked on Telford Crt cycle way. There was an adult and child asleep in the car, and I was concerned for the child as it looked like they had slept there overnight.