Dragster Tyres in 22 x 1 3/4_Who can I Reach for Sourcing

The home of 'cool'

Dragster Tyres in 22 x 1 3/4_Who can I Reach for Sourcing

Postby tollie » Fri May 25, 2012 8:51 am

HI all,

Am very new to the forum and new to all things dragster. I picked up an 'Advance' stickered dragster. The bike has an emblem on the headset displaying a winged bicycle wheel (in red) at the top, a map of Australia at the bottom and a red coloured star in each of the bottom 2 corners. It may be a Malvern Star? Can anybody advise on what they reckon the brand is???

More importantly I am stuck in a figurative 'rut' with the bike renovation. Reason being is that I have been unable to source a pair of tyres and tubes to match the original rims. The tyres presently on it are shot to pieces. I can make out the sizing specs written on the tyre wall - 22 x 1 3/4. Have tried a few places, in stores and online, without success. One online supplier advised the sizing of the tyres was unusual. They note that a regular sized tyre is 20 x 1.75 or 2.125.

Can anybody help with a source? Can I try any other tyre size that might fit the original rims?

Thanx, Tony
tollie

by BNA » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm

BNA

Re: Dragster Tyres in 22 x 1 3/4_Who can I Reach for Sourcin

Postby BurtO » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Hope this reply isnt too late , only 4 months so I hope your in no hurry , check these guys out for your tyres and tubes . gmxonline.
Cheers
BurtO
BurtO

Return to Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers