Ride Routes?

Crawf

Ride Routes?

Postby Crawf » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:03 pm

Hiya,

I'm after some new road routes, i'm new to riding (4mths) and only really have one route - Coro Drv/UQ/Annerley/Southbank.

I've had a look on the Brisbane gov website maps but they are just plain crap and barely readable.

Does anyone have any plotted google maps or similar?

Thanks

Deanj

Postby Deanj » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:19 pm

Have you tried

Map my ride?

or

Bikely?

You can do searches of your area for rides that people have entered.

dorlo

Postby dorlo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:14 am

I live out in the western suburbs and I reckon a good place to start is the bikeway out to Jindalee/mount ommaney... rolling hills and no traffic.
From there you can branch out to Fig Tree pocket, or go from Jindalee up seventeen mile rocks Rd to Oxley road to access the Graceville/sherwood/indro area.

Just a suggestion based on my riding routes

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:47 am

needsapush wrote:Have you tried

Map my ride?

or

Bikely?

You can do searches of your area for rides that people have entered.
Exactly what I was after, ta!

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:51 pm

G'day Jacobite

Here are three routes I regularly take.

Bay Loop Southern Loop Redcliffe

Also when the Redcliffe ride gets to Petrie you can go up to Dayboro and Mt Mee. I also recomend Waterworks Road and up to Mt Nebo.

There is a local ride link thread on the local forum Here.

There is an organised Audax ride leaving from Walton Bridge at The Gap at 7am tomorrow morning headed for Ipswich and surround. Short for an Audax ride - 100km.

Hope that helps.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:14 am

Cheers MG, been trying to figure out that Redcliffe route.

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:57 pm

What suburb are you leaving from. I ride every Saturday from Coorparoo from between 4.30 - 5.30am for between 110 - 160km. Let me know if you are interested. If you do not normally ride that far, you'll be surprised how far you can ride by simply drafting me. If you do, then even better. Let me know if your interested.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:42 pm

Just down the road at Greenslopes, but unfortunately the footy season has kicked off so I'm not to keen on notching up 100+km before a game :D
Come off season though i'm keen, and yep I've never done more than 50km's.

Do you commute daily to the city?

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:40 pm

I commuted to Banyo all of last year. The company never had enough work for an electrician full time, so it was a good bludge and a great commute. I went to an elevator company after that folded up in January and just landed an office job as a maintenance planner at Banyo/Northgate, so as of next Monday I have my old commute back. More to the point of your question, I have been told to expect a restructure that will either see me stay at Banyo or be moved to the city, so I may become one of the daily river loop types, ending up in town for work.

Are you playing for Annerley or another club or code of football? Being run down the first time in 2000 put an end to a life time of soccer for me. Funny how a permanently dislocated AC can effect your confidence. Not a critical join I'm told. Doesn't stop me cycling, so can't be too critical.

Anyway, good luck with it. Make the most of it before the cycling adiction becomes completely unserviceable and all other things must give way.

panda1971

Re: Ride Routes?

Postby panda1971 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:13 am

Jacobite wrote:Hiya,

I'm after some new road routes, i'm new to riding (4mths) and only really have one route - Coro Drv/UQ/Annerley/Southbank.

I've had a look on the Brisbane gov website maps but they are just plain crap and barely readable.

Does anyone have any plotted google maps or similar?

Thanks
hey jacobite, mat im on that route so if you want a ride buddy let me know, ill be back in rissy from the june long weekend