Need really small gloves !

Welsh Dragon

Need really small gloves !

Postby Welsh Dragon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:47 pm

I am a very petite female (a lot of my posts start off like this !!) and can't find a pair of summer gloves (short) to fit me-any ideas please?! Got some winter motocross ones but summer is around the corner and I don't want to go another summer without them.

PI small don't fit and no-one does really small female ones that I know of.

Any thoughts ??

moosterbounce

Re: Need really small gloves !

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 pm

I can't help sorry - I must have Amazonian hands compared to you :D

I use Roeckl gloves and they fit better than any I've tried before. My fingers are thin compared to my hand - apparently!! I know they do xs but i ignored them on the rack :) Roeckl are a nice product but aren't cheap so a tough experiment. I did find www.bikeglovestore.com which may have a bigger range and better measurements.

Good luck on your search.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Oops - forgot to add, I think I use the Irving glove. Unisex and probably in a small. If you check their website, they have women's size 6-8 but also kids 4-6. I wonder if there is a cross over there that might be useful? I can see you in the pirate club ones :P

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:44 am

My partner has very small hands as well & she found the XS BG Specialized gloves a tight fit.

Otherwise kids sizes should go down to a suitable size in summer gloves. Just not sure where to source them from ?

Found these>>> http://www.this link is broken/Mode ... elID=76298<<< on Chain Reaction, but as for the fit.....well that's impossible with online stores.
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 am

Hi,
My daughter brought me over a pair of pearl Izumi gloves from the states yesterday, and in other brands I wear a large, but there large was very small.

So if you find a small in pearl, I think they would be very small.

Might be worth checking out.

Cheers

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 am

Bicyclinghub.com has women's gloves and some nice jerseys.
I've ordered for myself and my wife in the past, and have found the pricing to be keen, service very good and shipping charges reasonable for a US site.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Fab thanks !
moosterbounce wrote:Oops - forgot to add, I think I use the Irving glove. Unisex and probably in a small. If you check their website, they have women's size 6-8 but also kids 4-6. I wonder if there is a cross over there that might be useful? I can see you in the pirate club ones :P

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:36 pm

And how did you know I needed red and black to go with my bike ?!

Welsh Dragon wrote:Fab thanks !
moosterbounce wrote:Oops - forgot to add, I think I use the Irving glove. Unisex and probably in a small. If you check their website, they have women's size 6-8 but also kids 4-6. I wonder if there is a cross over there that might be useful? I can see you in the pirate club ones :P

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm

PI small is still too big ! I must have very small hands !!
ozzymac wrote:Hi,
My daughter brought me over a pair of pearl Izumi gloves from the states yesterday, and in other brands I wear a large, but there large was very small.

So if you find a small in pearl, I think they would be very small.

Might be worth checking out.

Cheers

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh no, another website !! Might have to hide from the hubbie !!
Thanks-looks good.

RonK wrote:Bicyclinghub.com has women's gloves and some nice jerseys.
I've ordered for myself and my wife in the past, and have found the pricing to be keen, service very good and shipping charges reasonable for a US site.

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:41 pm

It's been so hard as no shops stock kids gloves. Thanks for the suggestion.

ZepinAtor wrote:My partner has very small hands as well & she found the XS BG Specialized gloves a tight fit.

Otherwise kids sizes should go down to a suitable size in summer gloves. Just not sure where to source them from ?

Found these>>> http://www.this link is broken/Mode ... elID=76298<<< on Chain Reaction, but as for the fit.....well that's impossible with online stores.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Welsh Dragon wrote:And how did you know I needed red and black to go with my bike ?!

Welsh Dragon wrote:Fab thanks !
I know only the best people have red/black/white kits to match their bikes...I just figured you were in this category :P :wink:

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:40 pm

:D :lol:

moosterbounce wrote:
Welsh Dragon wrote:And how did you know I needed red and black to go with my bike ?!

I know only the best people have red/black/white kits to match their bikes...I just figured you were in this category :P :wink:[/quote]

liamb

Postby liamb » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Try these guys.

Located in 2 places in NSW?? and they do fantastic Kids gloves that my young kids can not destroy and they seem to be completly functional and user friendly
http://www.cyclingsports.com.au/childre ... g-c-3.html

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Don't know if you found some Welsh Dragon, but I like Specialized and Roeckl women's gloves. I also tried some Netti women's yesterday and the small was too small. So they are around.

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 pm

grasshopper wrote:Don't know if you found some Welsh Dragon, but I like Specialized and Roeckl women's gloves. I also tried some Netti women's yesterday and the small was too small. So they are around.
Ironically was going to report back today......my local bike shop's sister store had scott contessa gloves in very small size. Used them for the first time today and loved them. Never used gloves before-felt a lot happier.

Thanks so much to everyone :-)

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Might be worth buying another pair now you've found ones to fit. I do that as I know the dog will end up chewing one sooner or later!!

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 pm

moosterbounce wrote:Might be worth buying another pair now you've found ones to fit. I do that as I know the dog will end up chewing one sooner or later!!
Good point-although its not the dog I'm worried about, its finding a pair with red on-but am going to buy some online from the above options.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 am

I'll lend you a dog. He seems to find my farourites all the time!! Luckily he doesn't swallow them now, only sleeps with them in his mouth so they need washing - eeeew dog spit!!

Good luck with finding the go-fast gloves :)

gururug

Postby gururug » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:28 pm

ZepinAtor wrote:XS BG Specialized gloves a tight fit
Yep, was going to suggest bg xxs/xs. Nice cut for small hands.

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Do they come with red bits on them?!

gururug wrote:
ZepinAtor wrote:XS BG Specialized gloves a tight fit
Yep, was going to suggest bg xxs/xs. Nice cut for small hands.

gururug

Postby gururug » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 am

My bg pro's are black and red if that's what you mean, I think last seasons. And the bg's are black and white from memory.