The North South Track

Aushiker

The North South Track

Postby Aushiker » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:54 am

The North South Track, opened in December 2011, is a 10.5 kilometre long shared use track within Wellington Park that links The Springs to the Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park, the two most popular mountain bike riding destinations in Tasmania. In September 2012 the track won a Parks and Leisure Australia award for National Open Space Development.

More information at the Cycling Resource Centre.

Andrew

m@

Re: The North South Track

Postby m@ » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:23 am

Riding it this afternoon! :mrgreen:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

skull

Postby skull » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:53 am

It is pretty awesome.

It use to be mine and Dogga's Wednesday ride home from the CBD.

Start by going up Hobart Rivulet then cutting across by road thru to the bottom of waterworks. From there you ride the R21 firetrail up to the walking track (then naughtily ride the walking track up to Huon road). From there ride down Huon Roud heading toward the CBD again, at the street before Strickland avenue turn left and head up fingerpost track, take the next right and ride up Bracken lane fire trail all the way thru to Piinnacle road.

Once on Pinnacle road turn right and head up, for the skilled you can turn left at Radfords track and attempt to ride up it to the Springs (it is hard) or just ride the road all the way up to the springs.

Once at the top you can find the beginning of the north south track and ride that all the way to the glenorchy mountain bike park.

It was pretty wicked.

m@

Postby m@ » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Good track! Overall not quite as flowy as somewhere like Majura or Kowen but the section from Junction Hut to Glenorchy is mad fun!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

HobartJim

Postby HobartJim » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:19 pm

I rode this the first time this week. I am not the most travelled mountain bike rider but can now put my hand on my heart and say THAT WAS AWESOME!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2