Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 vs Giant TCR Advanced 0

Pawesome

Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 vs Giant TCR Advanced 0

Postby Pawesome » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 am

In the market for a new bike and narrowed it down to two..

Focus Cayo Evo 2.0
Giant TCR Advanced 0

Both around the same price point..

I've read a whole bunch of reviews on the Giant but all the reviews I've read on the Focus seem to have a media spin and I just want to get some real feed back from somebody who owns or is in the know on either..

rabobank89

Re: Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 vs Giant TCR Advanced 0

Postby rabobank89 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:49 am

I would have to say grab a 2012 Giant TCR Advanced 0. Depending where you live, Carine Cycles have them on special for $2800...

The Focus looks better IMO.

Everyone will tell you; test ride both of them and make a decision! 8)

Pawesome

Postby Pawesome » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Agreed Focus defiantly on looks.. I've just read its a bit of a stiff ride with steering a bit slow..

I wanted to test ride it but the only place I've found that has stock in Sydney won't let me have a ride.

Does anyone own one.

JohnJoyner

Postby JohnJoyner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Pawesome wrote:Agreed Focus defiantly on looks.. I've just read its a bit of a stiff ride with steering a bit slow..

I wanted to test ride it but the only place I've found that has stock in Sydney won't let me have a ride.

Does anyone own one.
I have a Focus Cayo 2.0 2011... Seems the Evo is a step up (more of a race bike) from just the Cayo... But I have had it since about January this year & it's a great bike. My first roadie, so can't compare to others, but I have no complaints.

Where in Sydney do you live? There's The Bike Shed Mortdale, in Mortdale funnily enough. Only about 10 mins from me. They let me take it out for a test ride before I bought it. So if you live out that way at all, I'd try that shop. They were pretty helpful...

Dean Whittle

Postby Dean Whittle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Atelier de Velo (Clarence St, Sydney) also stocks Focus bikes.

I purchased the Focus Planet TR 5.0 which is an urban/commuter, quite different from your prospective purchase, but I'm very happy with the bike, the way it performs and handles. I am also very pleased with the pre-and-post sales service I received from AdV.

All the best with your decision.

Regards
2012 Focus Planet TR 5.0

Pawesome

Postby Pawesome » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:01 pm

After taking both for a ride I decided to go with the the focus cayo evo 2.0 and she rides like a dream. Great up hills and turn of speed when you need it. The ultegrs di2 is fantastic and works like a dream even under load.. Sweet handling, comfortable ride and looks great.. Got to hand it to those crazy Germans.