Unidentified Aussie frame.

Unidentified Aussie frame.

Postby jbchybridrider » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Well I bought this frame on ebay about 2 years ago from NSW. In the sellers description he said it was Australian made and custom built and that's it.
Now I know the frames identity is not the most important thing in the world and I should just get on enjoying riding it, but what if someone does know. Maybe someone out there owned it before or had a friend own it or recognizes it from a group ride. Maybe someone recognizes the build details.
I do believe it's Australian and was built to a high standard with beautiful brazing. I have identified Columbus SL tubing and a Cinelli BB with Campy dropouts, it possibly has Columbus lugs. I know the original color was a darkish Red from paint left inside the BB and around the steerer tube. Also the cable guides on top of the BB suggest it's late 70's or very early 80's.
I'm showing pictures as I bought it, as you can see it's been repainted at least once before and I've already done a repaint and restore myself that's how I know it was brazed well. It would be nice to put a brand name or the builders name on it and not permanently lose it's history of origin so if anyone can provide info of what it is or give a traceable lead I would be happy to hear it. Thanks.

The style of mittering in the BB can identify a builder, have you seen it before.
jbchybridrider

Return to Custom Builders