[BNE] Commute from Albany Creek to Brisbane

jasonc

[BNE] Commute from Albany Creek to Brisbane

Postby jasonc » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:34 pm

With ride to work day approaching (October 17), am doing my bit to convince people that I'm not nuts riding to work. One guy lives at Albany Creek and is interested. Anyone do a commute from Albany Creek to Brisbane. Got a strava/ridewithgps link? Any comments?

cheers

Rhubarb

Re: [BNE] Commute from Albany Creek to Brisbane

Postby Rhubarb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:16 pm

I can't help you much other than to suggest that they use Google Maps with cycling directions to find a way to link up to western end of the Kedron Brook bikeway, then come in via that up to the Grange where you get off the KBB and come in via Kedron Brook Rd, and through Herston to link up with the bikepaths behind Victoria Park Golf Course, and in through Roma St Parklands.

The cycling directions on Google Maps are not perfect but reasonably good, particularly if you use the multi-destination feature to force it to go via some particular streets or paths on your way.

Google Street View can also help you check the width of streets etc if you're unfamiliar with them.

Best of luck.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Rhubarb wrote:I can't help you much other than to suggest that they use Google Maps with cycling directions to find a way to link up to western end of the Kedron Brook bikeway, then come in via that up to the Grange where you get off the KBB and come in via Kedron Brook Rd, and through Herston to link up with the bikepaths behind Victoria Park Golf Course, and in through Roma St Parklands.

The cycling directions on Google Maps are not perfect but reasonably good, particularly if you use the multi-destination feature to force it to go via some particular streets or paths on your way.

Google Street View can also help you check the width of streets etc if you're unfamiliar with them.

Best of luck.
we've done that but wanted someone with experience on a route
cheers

Max

Postby Max » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Jason, I think Oxford is from that side of town. Try sending him a PM.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy