Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby clydesmcdale » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 am

Registered in the 25-30km/h group... got my pack in the mail the other day. Was considering trying to go 30+. But considering the first group leaves 15 minutes beforehand, I’m not keen on trying to bridge the gap... although I would expect I’d not be the only one. So I’m weighing up whether I should just cruise in my group at or just below 30 considering this is my first B2GC or give it some stick and aim for 3hrs (34km/h).

Will be riding this;
Image
and most probably wearing a Red and Black Campag Jersey, if anyone wants to say Hi.
Image
clydesmcdale
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

by BNA » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 pm

BNA
 

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 pm

clydesmcdale wrote:Will be riding this;
Image
and most probably wearing a Red and Black Campag Jersey, if anyone wants to say Hi.


Will have to catch you first...
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby vaeske » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:50 pm

+1

that will be a very nice pace if i could keep up...but at least you'll have no mountain bikes in front of you.

fantastic looking bike by the way. what is it?
User avatar
vaeske
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby clydesmcdale » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 pm

diggerdantheman wrote:Will have to catch you first...

The thing about that bike is... it doesn't make the engine any more capable.

vaeske wrote:+1

that will be a very nice pace if i could keep up...but at least you'll have no mountain bikes in front of you.

fantastic looking bike by the way. what is it?

Dengfu FM098 with Campag SR
Image
clydesmcdale
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby vaeske » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm

how much does it weigh?
User avatar
vaeske
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby clydesmcdale » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 am

7650g. Not the lightest, but not too bad
Image
clydesmcdale
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby marinmomma » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Just back from a 100 k ride in preparation for next Sunday! Weather permitting I should do close to that amount again on Monday. Then a fairly easy week just commuting for three days.

Aiming for a sub 3.5 hour ride depending on the wind!

How's everyone else's preparations going?
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby brett.hooker » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Did a PB mt cootha front loop this morning... Ready to go...

Chuckling at the 7.5kg bike above... I weighed my 19 year Shogun a couple of weeks ago... 15kg... I would worry about if more if I wasn't 20kg overweight myself... ;-)
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...
User avatar
brett.hooker
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby brett.hooker » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Here is my number...
Image
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...
User avatar
brett.hooker
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby jasonc » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:57 pm

marinmomma wrote:Just back from a 100 k ride in preparation for next Sunday! Weather permitting I should do close to that amount again on Monday. Then a fairly easy week just commuting for three days.

Aiming for a sub 3.5 hour ride depending on the wind!

How's everyone else's preparations going?


spat out 80-odd kms this morning- coot-tha (the back in 10:30-odd) and extended riverloop. felt really strong. missed a KOM by 1 second due to a red light. a few PRs to boot.
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5125
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby PB12IN » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Well I was going to go for a ride this morning, but instead the wife decided I needed to build some built-ins in the kids bedrooms. so guess what i'm doing instead.
PB12IN
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby vaeske » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:18 pm

retro raturday crew did 2 riverloops this morning. good to see new people on the blocks too. looks like we're all pumped for next sunday :)
User avatar
vaeske
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby marinmomma » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:42 pm

jasonc wrote:
spat out 80-odd kms this morning- coot-tha (the back in 10:30-odd) and extended riverloop. felt really strong. missed a KOM by 1 second due to a red light. a few PRs to boot.



Good work there Jason, I got a PB thru the Tennis Centre this morning and did ok on the shop ride before heading to do the Loop.

Weather permitting I'm heading for Springbrook on Monday...every time I plan this ride it rains :shock: This will be the third time I've planned to get this ride done, third time lucky hopefully!
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby Wal42 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:43 pm

clydesmcdale wrote:7650g. Not the lightest, but not too bad




Wow, my 30 year old Vertex is only 10.6kgs (ready to ride, without bidons), besides the CF bidon cages & Ti wheels skewers I've not made any real attempts to keep it or get it light. I would have thought a full CF beastie would be way lighter than that.
Wal42
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby munga » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Wal42 wrote:
clydesmcdale wrote:7650g. Not the lightest, but not too bad




Wow, my 30 year old Vertex is only 10.6kgs (ready to ride, without bidons), besides the CF bidon cages & Ti wheels skewers I've not made any real attempts to keep it or get it light. I would have thought a full CF beastie would be way lighter than that.


Image
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6390
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby Comedian » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Had man-flu this week. Did a bit of a ride this morning and got dropped at least 5 times... :(
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby munga » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:15 pm

never hear a woman say she had woman-flu. weird.
but yeah, amazing how much a col/flu can slow you down isn't it?
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6390
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby PB12IN » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Went out and rode up to Yatla and back this morning. nice 100km just to make sure that I can still do it, seeing as I haven't done over 50km since March.
coming back down Hope Isand rd there is alot of glass in the bike lane just as you turn on to it from the service rd, I can see alot of flats next weekend if they dont get it cleaned. and I also encoutered 2 feathered friends bomb diving along the the length of hope Island Rd.
PB12IN
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby Comedian » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:57 pm

PB12IN wrote:Went out and rode up to Yatla and back this morning. nice 100km just to make sure that I can still do it, seeing as I haven't done over 50km since March.
coming back down Hope Isand rd there is alot of glass in the bike lane just as you turn on to it from the service rd, I can see alot of flats next weekend if they dont get it cleaned. and I also encoutered 2 feathered friends bomb diving along the the length of hope Island Rd.

Can someone down there report it? They might get the street sweepers through there?
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby jasonc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm

so what's going on with the group?
are we having a BNA group still?
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5125
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby jasonc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 am

weather forecast now states "mostly fine possible shower 17 to 27 degrees
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5125
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby Wazza » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Jason,
The retro guys are doing it on steel in the 25+ group if you want to join. As Wal has mentioned before it will be a casual ride with lots of chat and not much competition. Reply here if interested, I have a friend who will be on a near new Scott Addict so carbon is tolerated, oops I mean welcome, :wink:
Waz
Wazza
Image
Mont Ventoux 2014 - Must train hard
Wazza
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Clontarf, Qld

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby vaeske » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm

yeah the more the merrier! when is this group supposed to set off on sunday?
User avatar
vaeske
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby Wal42 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm

vaeske wrote:yeah the more the merrier! when is this group supposed to set off on sunday?



The 25+ pack is supposed to leave at 5.45am, probably like most years the 30+ pack will still be leaving when the next group are supposed to start, etc right through the whole lot. The ride starts on Grey Street heading north then turn left onto Melbourne St. then left into the busway, coming out on Miles Platting Road.

I guess the retro guys should try to stay on the left hand gutter just in case we have any mechanicals or have to pick up 'late' arrivals along the way, any late arrivals should probably be ready to ride & sitting somewhere near South Brisbane Railway station on the footpath or just around the corner on Melbourne St in a similar place ready to join before we head off down the busway.

For those who will be 'on time' I guess we meet at our usual Raturday meeting place then ride over, probably sometime around 5am to head over to the start about 5.15am.


With any luck, munga should have received the jersey's, so we may have to do a quick change before the start.


Any other details we'll either sort out by text or through our page during the week & confirm all plans on Raturday.


Oh, you all missed it today, I shaved the sides so was riding today with a set of mutton chops ala` Wiggo :shock: , be doing 'ill pirato' :wink: next weekend.


Carry on with what you were doing, that's all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wal42
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast ride

Postby jasonc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:08 pm

thanks Wal - I am looking at averaging 30....so undecided at this stage
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5125
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist
cron