WTS - HBT - assorted retro parts

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTS - HBT - assorted retro parts

Postby LG » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm not sure whether 'retro' or 'vintage' is the correct term for these, but here goes.

Decided to have a clean out of 'spare stuff' I'll never get round to using. Prices as marked, but feel free to make a reasonable offer. Postage available at cost.

Started cleaning my hubs draw. All these hubs have had bearings inspected, re-greased and adjusted. I have a small pile of discard hubs on my work bench with pitted cones, cups & bent axles, these listed are all fine. Most could do with a wee polish:

Suzue high flange - 126mm rear spacing, 36 spokes, need a bit of a polish, good for old school BMX or road $25

SR low flange - 126mm rear spacing, 36 spokes, spin very nicely, no skewers sorry $20

Normandy high flange - I think 120mm rear and 96mm front spacing (for a 70s peugeot), 36 spokes, simplex skewers $20

Shimano high flange front and rear - 126mm rear, 36 spokes for both, forgot to take a pic sorry, but can email pics if you PM me $25

Campagnolo athena/victory/triomph (I have no idea which as they all seem the same) - 36 spoke, 126mm rear spacing, no skewers sorry, spin lovely and smooth just like a campag should $40

Wheels:
27 X 1 Sun mistral rims wheelset - shimano front hub, joytech rear, 36 stainless steel spokes on each, a nice set of wheels $40

Rigida chromolux/normandy high flange wheelset (1970s peugeot) - bearings are smooth and rims are running true, need a clean $30

Rigida chromolux rims (2) - 36 spoke holes, round and ready to build up, suit a 1970s peugeot $10

Cranks:

Raleigh 3 spider cottered cranks - 40-49 tooth chainrings, good condition $10

Raleigh heron cranks - single 46 tooth chainring, good condition $10

Handlebars:

Cinelli Campione del Mondo - 43cm measured centre to centre at the drops, one side of the clamp area has been trashed where somebody fit it into a nitto stem (I used to keep my computer on it), grooved for aero brake levers $10

Cinelli Giro d'Italia - 41.5cm measured centre to centre at the drops, some marking on the clamp area $10

Probably more to come...
LG = Low Gear
LG

by BNA » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:25 am

BNA

Re: WTS - HBT - assorted retro parts

Postby LG » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:25 am

Campy hubs, giro d'Italia bars, and the raleigh heron cranks appear to be sold.

Forgot to mention, the other raleigh cranks are 165mm length and a chainring can be easily removed if you'd like to run it as a single.
LG = Low Gear
LG

Postby simonn » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 am

LG wrote:Forgot to mention, the other raleigh cranks are 165mm length and a chainring can be easily removed if you'd like to run it as a single.

Do you know what the BCD of the 3 bolt cranks is? I might have a need for them if the BCD is correct (need to find out what I need now :)).
simonn

Postby LG » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 pm

simonn wrote:
LG wrote:Forgot to mention, the other raleigh cranks are 165mm length and a chainring can be easily removed if you'd like to run it as a single.

Do you know what the BCD of the 3 bolt cranks is? I might have a need for them if the BCD is correct (need to find out what I need now :)).

Simon, I'm not sure how to work out BCD with 3 spider cranks, but these are 100mm or 101mm (depends how I read the calipers) from centre to centre between the chainring bolts.

Also moving down a drawer, found a few more things to add:

Dia Compe Cherry brake set $25

Shimano sora 3300 brake calipers $20

Freewheels - note I haven't used either of these so have no idea what condition the teeth are in:
Shimano 6208 corncob 13-18 6 speed screw on freewheel $15

Sachs 12-21 8 speed $15

Another set of drop bars - these are deep aprox 180mm c/c drop, I assume they are for track or fixie/single speed riding (way too deep for me). 395mm wide c/c and appear to take a 26.0mm clamp, designed to have bar tape right up to the stem $10
LG = Low Gear
LG

Postby LG » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:58 pm

The 600 freewheel is sold, but I've found another the same in the drawer, just a wee bit greasier.
LG = Low Gear
LG

Postby metalrideroz » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:04 pm

I will take those raleigh double ring cranks if Simonn doesn't. Postage to 6173 WA? Do you have any hub seals that press into the hub around the cone nut off a 70s normandy or maillard hub in you hub drawer?
Thanks.
metalrideroz

Postby LG » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Front or rear dust seal? I have a 70s Normandy rear hub shell with 2 seals (no axle etc) which you can probably have.

If simonn doesn't want the cranks they're yours, postage will be $17 for a package a shade over 1kg.

Edit: looks like a 3kg pre-paid sachel will be $12 if they fit.
LG = Low Gear
LG

Postby LG » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Update: both sets of cranks are sold as are the normandy hubs, rigida rims, and the normandy/rigida wheelset. From the above I still have for sale:

Suzue high flange hubs
SR hubs
High flange shimano hubs
Cinelli campione del mondo bars
Deep drop bars
Sun rims 27 X 1 wheelset
Sachs 8 speed screw on freewheel
A shimano 600 corncob freewheel
Sora brakes
Cherry brakes
LG = Low Gear
LG

Postby LG » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Sora brake callipers and the 600 corncob freehweel is sold, still have the following for sale.

Suzue high flange hubs
SR hubs
High flange shimano hubs
Cinelli campione del mondo bars
Deep drop bars
Sun rims 27 X 1 wheelset
Sachs 8 speed screw on freewheel
Cherry brakes

Also like to add:

Spinaci bars - not sure if these are cinelli or not. Good condition, with some surface rust on bolt heads. $15 (or $7.50 if you also buy a set of bars :lol: )

1980's Shimano exage road groupset. Good condition, more photos available on request. 6 speed index shifters, shimano SLR aero brakes, 52-42 biopace chainrings, also with a set of joytech hubs (but I can swap these for a set of high flange shimano if you wish) $65
LG = Low Gear
LG

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales