New gloves

stinhambo

New gloves

Postby stinhambo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 am

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy some decent gloves (short fingers) for cycling 100km stretches at a time. They need to have decent padding!

My current gloves are ripping apart and they feel like they're rubbing on the inside after a long ride.

Any recommendation? Looking to spend $30-$40.

marinmomma

Re: New gloves

Postby marinmomma » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:22 pm

I love my Bontrager gloves, have two pairs now and hopefully I can find them again when I need a replacement.

I get the WSD but Mr MM has the bloke ones and they are his favorites too.

Hth
Lisa

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Which ones do you have Lisa? I'm looking at RXL and RL Fusion on their website.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:13 pm

The RL's are the ones that we have.
Lisa

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:30 pm

I've used the gloves below in the past and present and they have been very comfortable, especially the Giro gloves:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... irozmit125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... nduzmit140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/ftr ... etry-sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.this link is broken/Mode ... elID=57901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

GolferGoneMad

Postby GolferGoneMad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm

I just bought some Roeckl Gels, to early to tell how they will last, however; so far they are very comfy and seem to be very good.

Well worth a look. Not sure who else has used them and what their thoughts are on this brand?

Giant TCR 0 2014
Giant Defy 1

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 am

GolferGoneMad wrote:I just bought some Roeckl Gels, to early to tell how they will last, however; so far they are very comfy and seem to be very good.

Well worth a look. Not sure who else has used them and what their thoughts are on this brand?
I bought these last summer, so they've probably had 4 months use so far.
Very comfortable but I'm disappointed with the manufacturing quality as the stitching on the inside of the fingers is falling apart. They're not cheap to buy.
Cheers,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena
mid/late eighties Colnago Cromor

Mrfenejeans

Postby Mrfenejeans » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Not exactly in your budget, but Just today got myself a pair of Rapha Grand Tour gloves for $165inc Postage, so now i can be super trendy.

Very keen to see how they go, as i hate padded bar tape and i think the padding in my my gloves has been next to nil for a while now.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 pm

humanbeing wrote:
GolferGoneMad wrote:I just bought some Roeckl Gels, to early to tell how they will last, however; so far they are very comfy and seem to be very good.

Very comfortable but I'm disappointed with the manufacturing quality as the stitching on the inside of the fingers is falling apart. They're not cheap to buy.
Cheers,
Peter
Same Peter. A bit of stitching coming apart on one finger but thought that was more due to how I take them off than anything (I can't get used to the built in pullers). I love them though. I'll keep buying them as I love the grip on by untaped tri bars. And so comfy to wear!!

GolferGoneMad

Postby GolferGoneMad » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:38 pm

moosterbounce wrote:
humanbeing wrote:

Cheers,
Peter
Same Peter. A bit of stitching coming apart on one finger but thought that was more due to how I take them off than anything (I can't get used to the built in pullers). I love them though. I'll keep buying them as I love the grip on by untaped tri bars. And so comfy to wear!!
Yes they are not cheap RRP was $85. I got mine from Pushys Carpark sale couple of weekends ago for $30. Well worth it at this stage. Very comfy and I have had no issues with any threads (yet)......

Giant TCR 0 2014
Giant Defy 1

r11ss

Postby r11ss » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Rapha do it again, I thought I was up for splashing the cash but $165 for gloves shocked me,

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:08 am

Got a pair of these about a year ago for commuting, and I've also done some long rides in them

https://www.serfas.com/products/view/30 ... ens-gloves

Very comfortable and snug fitting. Not the most trendy but around your budget range.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:21 am

rangersac wrote:Got a pair of these about a year ago for commuting, and I've also done some long rides in them

https://www.serfas.com/products/view/30 ... ens-gloves

Very comfortable and snug fitting. Not the most trendy but around your budget range.
They are very comfortable, although the gel padding isn't as thick as my Giro gloves. I have an earlier version which unfortunately had the closure on the bottom of the wrist (now on top) which has the tendency of coming apart by hitting the handlebars.

rjk

Postby rjk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:19 am

i bought a pair of specialized gloves, i used to get pins and needles in my hands on long rides, the level of padding in these gloves is great, it has really reduced the discomfort from long rides

http://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/ftr ... ometry-gel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane