Dubbo Zoo 2 Zoo

Tarquin

Dubbo Zoo 2 Zoo

Postby Tarquin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Has anyone done it in the past.

Doesn't seem like a bad sportif ride.
130km cycle from Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo to Yeoval and back.

Cyclists leave Taronga Western Plains Zoo and ride along Obley Road the 65km to Yeoval, arriving at 9.30am, meeting the Sydney riders for a coffee and bacon and egg roll.

At 10.00am all the cyclists will cycle the 35km to "Wambangalang Environmental School", arriving at 11.30am, where morning tea will be served.

At 12.00pm all cyclists will cycle the 30km to Taronga Western Plains Zoo, arriving at 1.15pm. After completing a lap of the Zoo, the cyclists will enjoy a BBQ lunch and refreshments in front of the Savannah Room at the Zoo.
There are several different options on the website which is slightly outdated. I would prefer optional food stops rather than enforced ones.

Mainly I was interested if it was all asphalt road as it doesn't say online.

Farmer Elvis

Re: Dubbo Zoo 2 Zoo

Postby Farmer Elvis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Hopefully I'll be there, to my knowledge this is the first time that a ride has been organised like this to meet the zoo2zoo riders, so it should be good. There used to be a ride on the long weekend around Wellington Yeovil etc and it was a great day about 115 km from memory :!: I have spoken to a few people up here north of Dubbo and they are talking as though they will be there.

Farmer Elvis

Postby Farmer Elvis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:33 pm

It's all bitumen and generally a quiet rd

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Tarquin wrote:Has anyone done it in the past.

Doesn't seem like a bad sportif ride.
130km cycle from Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo to Yeoval and back.

Cyclists leave Taronga Western Plains Zoo and ride along Obley Road the 65km to Yeoval, arriving at 9.30am, meeting the Sydney riders for a coffee and bacon and egg roll.

At 10.00am all the cyclists will cycle the 35km to "Wambangalang Environmental School", arriving at 11.30am, where morning tea will be served.

At 12.00pm all cyclists will cycle the 30km to Taronga Western Plains Zoo, arriving at 1.15pm. After completing a lap of the Zoo, the cyclists will enjoy a BBQ lunch and refreshments in front of the Savannah Room at the Zoo.
There are several different options on the website which is slightly outdated. I would prefer optional food stops rather than enforced ones.

Mainly I was interested if it was all asphalt road as it doesn't say online.
The riders will be stopping over in Molong overnight. They will be fed and from what I hear receive "Molong hospitality" so some of them might be too full of food and drink to ride the next day. I might ride with them as they leave molong and make a U-turn at Yeoval. I am not sure what route they are using to get from Orange to Molong, but I might join them on their ride to Molong the day before as well.

Jon

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:28 pm

First group just came into Molong and the rest coming in trickles. I thought they were going to ride in groups of 12 riders....
I think their ride yesterday might have been cancelled due to weather.
Another big group just came in as I was typing this.
Looks like it will be quite a popular ride tomorrow.

Jon

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:26 pm

I passed the riders yesterday on my way to work at 6:30am.
They were headed into the black clouds behind me, and I hear that the police stopped them at Penrith and bused them to the finish, which is just as well because it was snowing in mt Victoria, their final destination for the day!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi