Pick Up Newcastle

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Pick Up Newcastle

Postby hillyoz » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi

Is anyone able to pick up a frame for me in Newcastle and ship to Perth? The supplier is charging $100 to send to Perth. Can anyone send it cheaper?
It would be greatly appreciated as my son is building a road bike for a school project and hasn't a lot of money to spend. Please PM me if you can.

Regards
glenn
hillyoz

by BNA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

BNA

Re: Pick Up Newcastle

Postby mattwilkinson » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

hillyoz wrote:Hi

Is anyone able to pick up a frame for me in Newcastle and ship to Perth? The supplier is charging $100 to send to Perth. Can anyone send it cheaper?
It would be greatly appreciated as my son is building a road bike for a school project and hasn't a lot of money to spend. Please PM me if you can.

Regards
glenn

$100 is pretty much the base rate for sending a bike. Not sure about a frame though. Maybe you could ask them for weight/dimensions and send a courier over there to pick it up?
mattwilkinson

Postby ftssjk » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:56 pm

$100 is a tad expensive for a frame, but as said above try get a courier to pick it up for you.
but then, it'd have to be packaged from their end, and they'd want some handling charge.
ftssjk

Postby bychosis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:14 pm

I Aust posted a frame form NSW to WA recently for under $30 (approx $26??). Catch is to package it frame shaped so they can't 'cube' the weight. I removed the forks and taped them inside the frame shape, cut a box to fit snugly. I have posted 2 frames this way, no troubles.

If you struggle to find someone I may be able to help, but have a new bub due any day so can't make guarantees.

Edit: registered/insured postage would be a little more.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.
bychosis

Postby hillyoz » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try to find out how they package it and I'll let you know.
Regards
Glenn
hillyoz

Return to General discussion