Cycling in Molong

Riina

Cycling in Molong

Postby Riina » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Hey!

Is there any other cyclists in Molong? I've just arrived from Finland, and I'm working as an au pair here. Would love to get some company for bike rides! Please contact me if you're a cyclist living here. :)

Eleri

Re: Cycling in Molong

Postby Eleri » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Rina

I don't live in Molong or anywhere near it. But you could contact Orange Cycling Club as they are likely to know.

Off this site: http://www.orange-nsw.com/SportClubs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CYCLING
Orange Cycle & Triathlon Club, PO Box 2390, ORANGE NSW 2800
Contact: Mick Burges (Pres) Phone: 6362 6252 (W) 6363 1433 (H) Leanne Nicholls (Sec) 6365 1139 (H)

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi Rina,
I live in Molong. Welcome to the Food Basket :D
A few other cyclist in Molong and the owner of a LBS lives here as well.
When I say a few, I probably mean a handful. :lol:
There are no formal rides as such around Molong, but I can introduce you to a few good roads to ride on and I usually join a ride in Orange on Saturday mornings. Two rides, one starting at 645am and another at 705am. The 705am can be quite fast averaging 36km/h and up to 55km/h on the flats. I was told the 645am ride is slower and caters for all.
A few roads you can ride safely on are listed below
1. Euchareena Rd which connects Molong to Euchareena. Almost zero traffic 64km return
2. Peckham Drive which is good on the weekends. A nice loop is Peckham Drive to Garra Rd and back to Molong using Obley Rd ~40km
3. Mitchell Highway for about 5km, left at Amaroo Rd to Escout Way, turn left and quick right into Borenore Rd. Ride through Borenore to Cargo Rd, turn right into Canobolas all the way up Pinnacle and continue around for a Pinnacle loop and back the same way ~105km return.
4. Ride to Cumnock (25km), Yeoval (45km)and if you have time to Dubbo Zoo through Obley Rd. About 115km to Dubbo. Almost zero traffic
5. Ride to Garra, Manildra, Cudal, Bowen Park (7km climb), Lidster Hil, Pinnacle, Buradong Way to Mullion Creek, Euchareena and back to Molong. Good ride if you have the time ~170km loop.
6. Manildra (peckham Rd 20km), Cudal (Kurrajong way 17km) to Cargo (back roads 17km) is also good 108km return

PM me if you want to find out more. Molong is a good town to live in.

Jon

Riina

Postby Riina » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Thank you, had a big help of your responds! :)

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 am

Riina wrote:Thank you, had a big help of your responds! :)
Riina, there is a Zoo2Zoo bike ride coming through Molong on Friday. They will stay the night and ride to Dubbo on Saturday morning. You could join them on their ride. About 60 riders from Sydney who started their ride from Taronga Zoo on Friday. I am sure there will be a few locals who will also tag along. You might not want to ride all the way to Dubbo, but you could turn around at Cumnock or Yeoval. Yeoval return would be about 80km.

I know there are two ladies who ride in Molong. If you like, you could meet them and some other locals who ride if you stop by the Council Carpark (behind the Council building) at 9am this Friday. I think they intend to do a round trip of about 35km at a leisurely pace.

Jon