Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Sven Nijs » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:54 pm

jasonc wrote:no bike maintenance stand

I was hoping they'd have an el cheapo stand this time too. Maybe HN will do a deal on theirs again?
It's a bit warmer here than Scotland isn't it!
User avatar
Sven Nijs
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Sunny Sydney

by BNA » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 pm

BNA
 

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Jordan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 pm

If we have any triathletes in the ranks be sure to check out 2xu's sale. Some ridiculous prices being thrown around, so get in before Sunday!
http://2xuoutlet.com.au/just-in.html
Jordan

Giant TCR Advanced SL1 2013
Jordan
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby mddawson » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 am

jasonc wrote:
mddawson wrote:Aldi are having their annual bike and accessories sale next wednesday (03/10/2012).

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/offers_20121003.htm


no bike maintenance stand


I picked up one from Anaconda for $125 during a 50% off sale. That said I will need to modify it a bit to make sure it securely holds a bike.
mddawson
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 am

Are the Aldi knicks still see-through?
thomashouseman
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 am
Location: Toongabbie NSW

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby jasonc » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:10 pm

mddawson wrote:I picked up one from Anaconda for $125 during a 50% off sale. That said I will need to modify it a bit to make sure it securely holds a bike.


I have to modify the Aldi one also - when mounting via the seatpost, the claw slips around on the post then the bike isn't level
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby mddawson » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:48 pm

jasonc wrote:
mddawson wrote:I picked up one from Anaconda for $125 during a 50% off sale. That said I will need to modify it a bit to make sure it securely holds a bike.


I have to modify the Aldi one also - when mounting via the seatpost, the claw slips around on the post then the bike isn't level


So does the Fluid branded one from Anaconda - I wonder if they are the same?

Edit: I just found a picture of the Aldi stand and it is the same but a lot cheaper at $39.99 http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_19959.htm

I wonder how Anaconda can get away with selling it for $249 normally! Makes me wonder if these new Aldi bikes come out of the same factory as the Fluid bikes?
Last edited by mddawson on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mddawson
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby ftssjk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:51 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Are the Aldi knicks still see-through?


i don't think so.

i bought a pair from last years sale,

'crane' black with red cushion (chamois?)..

i've worn it a few times and noones told me its see through.

looking at the catalogue though it seems to be a different brand/design so who knows.
\looks pretty good from the photos though.


cycling express have 0.95c c02 cartridges
http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/16g ... ortly.aspx
ftssjk
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:52 am

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby drsnoopy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 am

Ay-Up lights

They're never cheap, and occasionally there is free shipping, but they're having free shipping AND $20 off light kits at the moment. Not sure when it ends. Must be a reason for it, but they're so good I got myself another set.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2010 Cervelo S2 Ultegra
2010 Cervelo R3 SRAM
drsnoopy
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Cycling Express have a 12.5% discount with the code: STOREWIDE
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:38 pm

ProBikeKit have free shipping and specials until Oct 8.

10% when you spend over £70 : UKEXTRA10

15% when you spend over £100 : UKEXTRA15
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Wiggle are also running specials until October 11.

save £40 when you spend £200 with code 40-SAVE

save £100 when you spend £500 with code SAVE-BIG

(will work for Aussie as well with currency conversion)
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby old al » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Have a look at these. Check out the price of the individual groupsets on the bikes and the price of the whole bike. Got to be close to the best bike deal going at the moment. I don't need another bike but I am sorely tempted by the one with the SRAM for $2200.

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/shopper/deals.aspx

Disclaimer. Don't have anything to do with this mob. Just your average punter.

Al.
User avatar
old al
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:42 am
Location: Pelaw Main Hunter Valley NSW

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby sambo3 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm

old al wrote:Have a look at these. Check out the price of the individual groupsets on the bikes and the price of the whole bike. Got to be close to the best bike deal going at the moment. I don't need another bike but I am sorely tempted by the one with the SRAM for $2200.

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/shopper/deals.aspx

Disclaimer. Don't have anything to do with this mob. Just your average punter.

Al.


Wow that is a good deal. I just purchased a complete Sram Red groupset (new version) online at the best prices I could get. I didn't save too much on that price.
Good way to upgrade the groupset if you have a frame you are happy with now and throw the old gear on the Forza and use as a training bike.
Or just keeep it as is.

Great Deal

cheers
Sambo
sambo3
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby rabobank89 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 pm

sambo3 wrote:
old al wrote:Have a look at these. Check out the price of the individual groupsets on the bikes and the price of the whole bike. Got to be close to the best bike deal going at the moment. I don't need another bike but I am sorely tempted by the one with the SRAM for $2200.

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/shopper/deals.aspx

Disclaimer. Don't have anything to do with this mob. Just your average punter.

Al.


Wow that is a good deal. I just purchased a complete Sram Red groupset (new version) online at the best prices I could get. I didn't save too much on that price.
Good way to upgrade the groupset if you have a frame you are happy with now and throw the old gear on the Forza and use as a training bike.
Or just keeep it as is.

Great Deal

cheers
Sambo


Your going to love the new red :wink:
User avatar
rabobank89
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am
Location: Perth

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby ray » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am

AUbicycles wrote:Wiggle are also running specials until October 11.

save £40 when you spend £200 with code 40-SAVE

save £100 when you spend £500 with code SAVE-BIG

(will work for Aussie as well with currency conversion)


A new Wiggle special:

25% off list price with code 25OFF.

Terms and Conditions

Offer valid: from 09/10/2012 14:00 BST, expiring on 18/10/2012 14:00 BST

Offer restrictions:
◦ This offer applies to in stock items only
◦ This offer applies to Australia and New Zealand only.
◦ Only one promotional voucher can be used per order.
◦ The voucher cannot be applied retrospectively to orders.

Was able to purchase a Contour camera with the discount which I couldn't do so with the other wiggle codes :)
ray
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Thanks for posting the above special. 25% is pretty attractive though I will note that it is LIST PRICE so something I view critically for certain products that are usually discounted anyway.

Cheers
Christopher
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby t.shields » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:29 am

Hi,

I'm looking around for Fluid trainers. Does anyone know of any good deals on a Kurt Kinetic or cycle ops? Leaning more towards Kurt kinetic based on reviews though. Thanks.
t.shields
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby mike95 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:43 am

Up to 38% off garmin products at Chain Reaction.
best prices i have seen on the 500 & 800

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=488&SortBy=PriceDESC
Image
mike95
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:35 am

$20 Air Zound is a pretty good price! http://www.torpedo7.com.au/division/bik ... ybargain20
thomashouseman
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 am
Location: Toongabbie NSW

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby jasonc » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:00 am

thomashouseman wrote:$20 Air Zound is a pretty good price! http://www.torpedo7.com.au/division/bik ... ybargain20


must...resist...buying...another
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Big_Red » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:14 am

thomashouseman wrote:$20 Air Zound is a pretty good price! http://www.torpedo7.com.au/division/bik ... ybargain20


Damn, that is a good price - and payday was only yesterday... :D
Image
User avatar
Big_Red
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Brisbane East

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby jasonc » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Am I missing something?

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/gwa ... -bike.aspx

A bike for $85?
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Ozkaban » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:35 pm

jasonc wrote:Am I missing something?

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/gwa ... -bike.aspx

A bike for $85?


I'm looking at that. Is that a BSO, or just a basic bike (no ones pretending it's be amazing though)? My FIL needs a basic bike to test cycling out... I wonder if this would fit the bill.
Ozkaban
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby jasonc » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Ozkaban wrote:
jasonc wrote:Am I missing something?

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/gwa ... -bike.aspx

A bike for $85?


I'm looking at that. Is that a BSO, or just a basic bike (no ones pretending it's be amazing though)? My FIL needs a basic bike to test cycling out... I wonder if this would fit the bill.


I'd say it's more of a BSO, but from a bike shop. for that price, it's a pub bike i reckon.
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby Tommorow » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:58 pm

mike95 wrote:Up to 38% off garmin products at Chain Reaction.
best prices i have seen on the 500 & 800

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=488&SortBy=PriceDESC


Damn! I just bought a 500 yesterday!
Tommorow
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to Buying a bike / parts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jonnyc



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit