WTT/WTS [ADEL] Kinlin XR-300 Wheelset for groupset

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTT/WTS [ADEL] Kinlin XR-300 Wheelset for groupset

Postby usernameforme » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Hey guys, I would like to trade this wheelset for a SRAM rival/Shimano 6600 groupset or one of similar quality. I'm not overally concerned on the condition of the groupset, as long as they are perfect mechanically. I would prefer a straight trade (no money to sweeten the deal) but if you have a full force (or something similar) groupset shoot me an offer. If I can't trade these I will sell them for around $400 negotiable. I am happy to post, if I can find that wheelbox in the shed...

Wheel Specs:

Rim: Kinlin XR-300
Spokes: Pillar PST 1430 Aero
Front Hub: Bitex A781SB
Rear Hub: Bitex RAR13
Nipples: Brass
Wheelset Weight: 1566g on kitchen scales
Compatability: Shimano
Q/Rs can be included (if requested), rim tape can be too (original rim tape still has plenty left)

Details:

After a bit of experimenting with what wheels suit me the best, I have deemed these wheels are way too stiff for my 57kg. Since I have run out of space in the closet for these wheels they need to go :cry: . I've had these wheels for around 9 months and they have between 3000-4000km on them (not sure as I rotate my wheels). The rim used is a Kinlin XR-300 rim which is laced to some Bitex A781SB/RAR13 hubs with Pillar PST 1430 Aero spokes. They have 20 radial spokes on the front wheel and 24 spokes laced 2x on the cassette side and radial on the other side and are built with brass nipples. They weigh 1566g on my scales so they are very light given that they have a 30mm alloy rim and brass nipples. They have been built by a professional wheelbuilder and I have used them for dry weather training, time trialling and group rides. There is a small dent on the rear rim that won't show up in pictures, but according to my RBS and another wheelbuilder, they are merely cosmetic and not structural.

Pictures to come, Thanks for looking
Last edited by usernameforme on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for cheap bont shoes? PM me, have some NOS
usernameforme

by BNA » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:44 am

BNA

Re: WTT/WTS [ADEL] Kinlin XR-300 Wheelset

Postby trek52 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:44 am

Just an FYI bike bug.com have rival group sets for 599 brand new.
trek52

Re: WTT/WTS [ADEL] Kinlin XR-300 Wheelset

Postby usernameforme » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:27 pm

thanks trek52, I'm just checking to see if anyone wants to swap because if I sell these and buy a groupset I will loose alot of money and if someone sells a 2nd hand rival groupset and buys some custom wheels with similar spec, they'll be loosing too...

Right now I'll be interested in almost any groupset that is about/above SRAM rival (including campag) if you're thinking about selling and would like to swap for these wheels, let me know
usernameforme

Re: WTT/WTS [ADEL] Kinlin XR-300 Wheelset for groupset

Postby trek52 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Am keen as mustard on thw wheels just wish u were in syd the price and postage would be to much :(
trek52

Postby usernameforme » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:19 pm

I'll keep you in mind Trek52, if your still interested when I give up the search for a groupset I'm sure we can work something out. I also wanted to add that we pay our own postage if an interstate trade is arranged (in case people are put off by the postage prices for a wheelset).
usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:22 am

Anyone remotely interested in a Trade? I was hoping I would catch someone who recently upgraded to the new red and now wants to get rid of their old groupset...
usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:23 pm

I can't find my Camera :oops: so he is a picture from when they were new. The stickers have since been removed and a few thousand K's added, as well as the usual wear and tear that are associated. When I find my Camera I will add some detailed photos of the condition. Any questions/offers just fire away, I'm very keen to get this traded
usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Camera Located :D Here are some pics:

If you want pictures of anything else just ask. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them
usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Still looking
usernameforme

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales