Spring/Summer Track Racing in Sydney

Spring/Summer Track Racing in Sydney

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:02 pm

<annoying advertising>

Forget the Italian doctors and Spanish beef;take a leaf out of Bradley Wiggin's book. Before he wore the yellow jumper and won Olympic time trial gold, he was already world track champion 7 times (1 of them as a junior) and had won 3 track cycling Olympic gold medals.

Do you want to enhance your performance?

TRACK IS BACK!!!

LACC Track Racing returns on the 12th of October at our very own velodrome at Wyatt Park, Lidcombe.

Racing for juniors and seniors, canteen facilities, great people and great atmosphere - overall, a great night out.

More details to come. For more information, email: [email protected]

</annoying advertising>

I've been put in charge of the velodrome this year, so I'm going to flog the hell out of the racing there. We plan on running a Spring series and then probably an Autumn series early next year. Before, and in between, we'll be running our normal track racing.

LACC likes to promote its juniors, so if you really want to get your kids into a good sport that you can share with them, bring them along. Even if they are riding a BMX or a road bike, we'll put them in a race. Then, if they're keen, they can try a track bike and be like Shane Perkins or Anna Meares.

Women are very much encouraged to come along and try things out. We have quite a few female racers.

If you've ever wanted to try bike racing, track is the best place to start. There are no hills, no traffic lights and no traffic to worry about. If you worry about riding a fixie or racing, have a read of this article. If I can do it, anyone can.

Feel free to email me or PM me and we can arrange for you to have the best fun on two wheels.
bigfriendlyvegan

by BNA » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:41 am

BNA

Re: Spring/Summer Track Racing in Sydney

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:41 am

LACC have track training on tonight starting at ~7pm. It's a structured program with a coach, so if you want to improve your track riding come along and have a spin with us. Junior training is on Tuesday nights.
bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Spring/Summer Track Racing in Sydney

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 am

More advertisement from me:

We're having a track series at Wyatt Park, Lidcombe, starting tonight: 6:30 for juniors and 7:30 for seniors.

Cash and prizes every night.

It's a great way to warm yourself up before the big open events at Dunc Gray.

If you're keen to try track cycling (and you should be) then the Lidcombe velodrome is a very gentle place to learn the craft.

DETAILS HERE
bigfriendlyvegan

Return to New South Wales