Ultegra versus 105

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 am

Having had the recent misfortune to follow a few Campy fitted bikes about, all I can say is if I wanted a noisy bike, it'd have a 650 in it.
Or a swapcard in the spokes :P

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Jean

Postby Jean » Mon May 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Having had the recent misfortune to follow a few Campy fitted bikes about, all I can say is if I wanted a noisy bike, it'd have a 650 in it.

Shaun
Petty jealousy :wink: We care not what the hoi polloi are using.

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon May 26, 2008 12:23 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Having had the recent misfortune to follow a few Campy fitted bikes about, all I can say is if I wanted a noisy bike, it'd have a 650 in it.
I think you are referring to the louder Campy freewheel. There's no significant difference in the derailleur system b/n the brands.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon May 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Got it in one Sogood :wink: Absolutely drove me nuts on the ride of silence, slow speed, no passing, looooots of coasting... 'cept for the bloke on the red fixie :wink:

The noise and the ergo issues with Campy brifters (why did they copy Sora anyway :twisted: ) will keep me away from their gear. No bitch about quality, style or bragging rights, I just want stuff that works for me.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Blybo

Postby Blybo » Mon May 26, 2008 1:25 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Got it in one Sogood :wink: Absolutely drove me nuts on the ride of silence, slow speed, no passing, looooots of coasting... 'cept for the bloke on the red fixie :wink:

Shaun
Oh, oh... I was there too. group of about 6 of us bringing up the rear as sweepers so to speak. 1 campy guy with us but his record rear free wheel was as quiet as anybodies. Although he said he has another one exactly the same that even drives him bonkers.

Good track stand practice :P on that ride...
The older I get, the better I was...

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon May 26, 2008 1:33 pm

Blybo wrote: 1 campy guy with us but his record rear free wheel was as quiet as anybodies. Although he said he has another one exactly the same that even drives him bonkers.
Different paw springs? Different lubricant? :roll:

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon May 26, 2008 1:33 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Got it in one Sogood :wink: Absolutely drove me nuts on the ride of silence, slow speed, no passing, looooots of coasting... 'cept for the bloke on the red fixie :wink:

The noise and the ergo issues with Campy brifters (why did they copy Sora anyway :twisted: ) will keep me away from their gear. No bitch about quality, style or bragging rights, I just want stuff that works for me.
Flame bait Bill! But I am not going to bite. :P

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon May 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Blybo wrote:Oh, oh... I was there too. group of about 6 of us bringing up the rear as sweepers so to speak. 1 campy guy with us but his record rear free wheel was as quiet as anybodies. Although he said he has another one exactly the same that even drives him bonkers.

Good track stand practice :P on that ride...
Missed ya, bugger. I was about mid pack, sweeper woulda been frustrating as. Must go thru the phone pics...

Shaun
London Boy 29/12/2011

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon May 26, 2008 1:39 pm

sogood wrote:Flame bait Bill! But I am not going to bite. :P
Which bit, the Sora reference or where I mentioned quality and style.... :wink:

Shaun
London Boy 29/12/2011

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon May 26, 2008 1:41 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
sogood wrote:Flame bait Bill! But I am not going to bite. :P
Which bit, the Sora reference or where I mentioned quality and style.... :wink:
You'll have to use better quality baits next time! None of those Sora quality and style POS. :wink:

Blybo

Postby Blybo » Mon May 26, 2008 1:43 pm

Well there isn't much sweeping to do an a 10kph ride :lol: but yes it was a touch stop start.

I saw the red fixie with red deep V wheels(I think). That guy was too 8) for school.

I had a white/red Jaggad winter jersey on and was over by the couple of trikes at the end.
The older I get, the better I was...

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon May 26, 2008 1:46 pm

Mulger bill wrote:...The noise and the ergo issues with Campy brifters (why did they copy Sora anyway :twisted: ) will keep me away from their gear. No bitch about quality, style or bragging rights, I just want stuff that works for me.

Shaun
Ummm, I meant Campy with that line. Sora quality and ergo? It don't work for me.

Shaun
London Boy 29/12/2011

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon May 26, 2008 1:52 pm

I was on me MTB that day, too slow for the roadie. :wink: Orange/Black GE Cadence. Pity I didn't get to the swap meet, gotta text at one of the regroup stops and had to bail after the minute silence.

Shaun
London Boy 29/12/2011