Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2630
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Cycling Express - everyone deserves a chance, thought id give em a go

3T Arx Pro 100mm and 3T Ergonova Pros 42cm

28/9 - Order/Paid

User avatar
Semar
Posts: 3543
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:14 pm
Location: Goulburn Valley

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Semar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Ordered a Record Group from Shiny Bikes in UK on 22/9. It arrived today, one day short of the guaranteed delivery date. :D

Best prices in the world, that I know of, for components and excellent online replies for advice on what I needed and what was in stock.

Praise be upon Shiny Bikes.
It’s more like our thoughts are thinking us than we are thinking them.

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28311
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Sigh. How long is an acceptable wait for a CRC package? Usually here in a week or better, this one is up to fourteen days and counting. My build has stalled and is just taking up space in the shed :(
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28311
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Sigh. How long is an acceptable wait for a CRC package? Usually here in a week or better, this one is up to fourteen days and counting. My build has stalled and is just taking up space in the shed :(

Spoke too soon. Got back from a ride and it was sitting on the bench :D The build continues...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

maryusdemetry
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby maryusdemetry » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:57 am

Mulger bill wrote:Sigh. How long is an acceptable wait for a CRC package? Usually here in a week or better, this one is up to fourteen days and counting. My build has stalled and is just taking up space in the shed :(


Same here twelve days and counting. :(

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2630
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Cycling Express - everyone deserves a chance, thought id give em a go

3T Arx Pro 100mm and 3T Ergonova Pros 42cm

28/9 - Order/Paid


Called this morning to see if i could add an item, girl confirmed was too late, guess thats a good thing.

2/10 - Dispatched

User avatar
Marto
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Marto » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Cell Bikes - Ordered 2 * Radbot 1000 tail lights and 6 *CO2 canisters on Friday 28th Sept.

Received Tuesday 2nd October (Monday was a Public holiday in Qld).

Real happy with the price on the Radbots ($16.50 each).
Image

Reman
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Reman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Cycling express 12.5% off everything - "storewide". Picked up a pair of road bb7s for the build for $132!

Edit: was meant to go in specials thread!
Last edited by Reman on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2630
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Wiggle - Deda Zero100 bars, Deda expander bung, brake cables
TotalCycling - 3t stam cap, 3t Pro and Team tape, Deda stem cap

Both

Ordered 3/10
Dispatched 4/10

Lets see if they beat the cycling express order i put in last friday.

User avatar
Comedian
Posts: 4624
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Comedian » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:01 am

Marto wrote:Cell Bikes - Ordered 2 * Radbot 1000 tail lights and 6 *CO2 canisters on Friday 28th Sept.

Received Tuesday 2nd October (Monday was a Public holiday in Qld).

Real happy with the price on the Radbots ($16.50 each).


That was a steal those radbots! Sensational price on a great light.

jasonc
Posts: 8701
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:02 am

Comedian wrote:
Marto wrote:Cell Bikes - Ordered 2 * Radbot 1000 tail lights and 6 *CO2 canisters on Friday 28th Sept.

Received Tuesday 2nd October (Monday was a Public holiday in Qld).

Real happy with the price on the Radbots ($16.50 each).


That was a steal those radbots! Sensational price on a great light.

+1 was very tempted to grab a spare or 2
Image

User avatar
Marto
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Marto » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:55 am

Good deals for Speedplay users at BikeBug. Most cleats are around the $35 Mark, which is better than any landed price I've seen.

My latest order from BikeBug:

Date Ordered: Sunday 30 September, 2012

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Finish Line Teflon Plus Dry Lube 4oz 120ml (T00040101) (AT) $10.75 = $10.75 Product Url
1 x Speedplay X Series Cleats (13040) (AT) $34.55 = $34.55 Product Url

Received Friday 4th October. Not Sure if the Qld public holiday impacted on the delivery times.
Image

User avatar
coffeeandwine
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 pm
Location: Buninyong, Vic

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby coffeeandwine » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Comedian wrote:
Marto wrote:Cell Bikes - Ordered 2 * Radbot 1000 tail lights and 6 *CO2 canisters on Friday 28th Sept.

Received Tuesday 2nd October (Monday was a Public holiday in Qld).

Real happy with the price on the Radbots ($16.50 each).


That was a steal those radbots! Sensational price on a great light.

Picked up 2x Radbots, one for me and one for Mrs C+W-very effective (which is what we need commuting on rural roads)!!! Great price.

Ordered tyres, tubes, chain and a BB from wiggle on 30/9. Arrived today (5/10) at our country PO.
:D :D :D Very happy, as i need to replace a split rear tyre ASAP.
Image
Merida 903 from the LBS; Diesel engine

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby boss » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Bought a Garmin 500 + Premium HR + Cadence sensor from Highly Tuned Athletes for $299. Paid for at 3pm on Monday 8/10, they had got the shipping info lodged with Aus Post within 30 minutes, and parcel arrived Tuesday 9/10.

Thumbs up! :D

User avatar
sparkyscott
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby sparkyscott » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Highly tuned athletes is a great place to deal with - I received very similar service when I bought my Garmin GPS watch.

User avatar
jaseyjase
Posts: 2630
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:56 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Wiggle - Deda Zero100 bars, Deda expander bung, brake cables
TotalCycling - 3t stam cap, 3t Pro and Team tape, Deda stem cap

Both

Ordered 3/10
Dispatched 4/10

Lets see if they beat the cycling express order i put in last friday.


Update

Cycling Express - 3T Pro stem and 3T Pro ergonova bars
Ordered - 28/9
Dispatched - 2/10
Arrived - 8/10

Wiggle - Deda Zero100 bars, Deda bung and a brake cable
Ordered - 3/10
Dispatched - 4/10
Arrived - 8/10

Total Cycling - 3T stem cap, Deda stem Cap, 3T pro and team bar tape
Ordered - 3/10
Dispatched - 4/10
Arrived - ....

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby boss » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Not happy with pro bike kit.

Bought helmet, 5 tubes, chain lube and some water bottles early Friday 5/9. Paid more than elsewhere for the helmet as they had the colour I wanted.

Get shipping confirmation 9/9... Helmet not on the list. So I send them an email asking what's going on with the helmet...

Email comes back a few hours later... Helmets not in stock, not back in stock till mid November.

All well and good, but when were they planning on letting me know? And I mean, 3 full working days to ship is slack.

Nhutty
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Nhutty » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 am

jimboss wrote:Bought a Garmin 500 + Premium HR + Cadence sensor from Highly Tuned Athletes for $299. Paid for at 3pm on Monday 8/10, they had got the shipping info lodged with Aus Post within 30 minutes, and parcel arrived Tuesday 9/10.

Thumbs up! :D


Hi Jimboss, how did you get that bundle for that price?

On their website, its listed as $349

jasonc
Posts: 8701
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 am

Nhutty wrote:
jimboss wrote:Bought a Garmin 500 + Premium HR + Cadence sensor from Highly Tuned Athletes for $299. Paid for at 3pm on Monday 8/10, they had got the shipping info lodged with Aus Post within 30 minutes, and parcel arrived Tuesday 9/10.

Thumbs up! :D


Hi Jimboss, how did you get that bundle for that price?

On their website, its listed as $349


am pretty sure you can get it from pbk for that price at the moment (with a discount code)
Image

Nhutty
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Nhutty » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 am

jasonc wrote:
Nhutty wrote:
jimboss wrote:Bought a Garmin 500 + Premium HR + Cadence sensor from Highly Tuned Athletes for $299. Paid for at 3pm on Monday 8/10, they had got the shipping info lodged with Aus Post within 30 minutes, and parcel arrived Tuesday 9/10.

Thumbs up! :D


Hi Jimboss, how did you get that bundle for that price?

On their website, its listed as $349


am pretty sure you can get it from pbk for that price at the moment (with a discount code)


Yeah I can get it cheaper on Wiggle with their current 25off coupon. But I figured I'd try and support a local business as well as making it easier for myself with RMA if anything were to go wrong.

jasonc
Posts: 8701
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 am

Nhutty wrote:Yeah I can get it cheaper on Wiggle with their current 25off coupon. But I figured I'd try and support a local business as well as making it easier for myself with RMA if anything were to go wrong.


same reason i bought mine locally
Image

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby boss » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 am

Nhutty wrote:
jasonc wrote:
Nhutty wrote:
Hi Jimboss, how did you get that bundle for that price?

On their website, its listed as $349


am pretty sure you can get it from pbk for that price at the moment (with a discount code)


Yeah I can get it cheaper on Wiggle with their current 25off coupon. But I figured I'd try and support a local business as well as making it easier for myself with RMA if anything were to go wrong.


Look what they did there! Prices just went up!

I definitely paid $299, so did a friend from work. I read on another thread on here that it was a special, so I guess they pulled it.

Nhutty
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Nhutty » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 am

thats a shame,

I remember it was $299 for the premium bundle during this years TDF, only problem was I wasn't in a financial position to buy.

I might email them and see what they say, if they won't do that price I may have to go down the wiggle route

richbee
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby richbee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

I mostly use Wiggle for my online purchases. So far this year (in separate purchases) bought new Fulcrum wheelset, Saris Bones Solo bike carrier, various bits & bobs, and most recently Garmin Edge 500. In every instance goods purchased were despatched within 24 hours of ordering and delivered in less than 10 days. The Garmin Edge I ordered Wednesday last week and arrived yesterday.
Nothing but good service from Wiggle.

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby boss » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Bicycle Express (bicycleexpress.com.au / Halifax St in Adelaide)

Ordered Continental GP4000s last night approx 10pm - $49.95 + $9.90 post - pretty decent price.

Dropped in at work by one of the staff members today at 3pm.

I work a few kays away but expected them to just drop it in a post bag... score!

Return to “Buying a bike / parts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users