Comfortably weary

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Comfortably weary

Postby europa » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:02 pm

The lad had his first soccer training session for the season tonight. Seeing he was going to spend an hour and a half kicking the blazes out of a defenceless ball, I took the Black Beast and went for a ride along the Linear Park (it runs along the Torrens River). Lovely ride. Kept the cadence up and the heart rate down (averages of 84 and 134 for each respectively). Did 26km in just over an hour. Now I've got that deliciously weary feeling, that feeling of weariness that is just enough to let you feel pious about doing some training but not so bad that you feel knackered :D

Richard

pospete

Postby pospete » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:04 pm

One day I hope to know what you mean!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:13 pm

Nice. Half your luck mate.

Nightshift. Got home at 0745, see the kids off to school. Wife's at work, peace, quiet and a nice hot Milo before bed..........HAH!
Get a call from work, can you help with this problem, that problem, the other &*%$^ problem. Collapse into bed at 1130. Get woken by the GLW at 1545, the smokebox won't start. :roll: Grrr. Try to fix. All I got was the 7km trip to the station for me train in. No days off now till Wednesday next week, jeez I'm gonna be reall toey by then.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:50 pm

Permission granted to have a damned good growl Mulger

Richard

pospete

Postby pospete » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:00 am

I wish i was allowed to work. Visa restrictions.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:09 am

Thank you Richard, spleen vented. Even though the only creature that heard was my lovely Princess. Even now, I see and hear her sitting quietly at the other end of the box wondering why we haven't got it on anywhere near as much as we should lately.

Damn! my life sucks right now, at least the bits that stop me riding.

pospete

Postby pospete » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:45 am

Mulger bill wrote:Thank you Richard, spleen vented. Even though the only creature that heard was my lovely Princess. Even now, I see and hear her sitting quietly at the other end of the box wondering why we haven't got it on anywhere near as much as we should lately.

Damn! my life sucks right now, at least the bits that stop me riding.

Sorry to hear that, but if it's any consolation , for different reasons my life sux too, tho I get to ride my bike a lot.

pugsly

Re: Comfortably weary

Postby pugsly » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:36 pm

europa wrote: Kept the cadence up and the heart rate down (averages of 84 and 134 for each respectively). Did 26km in just over an hour.
Richard
Sounds like a nice ride. I'm yet to examine my candence. I've talked to the LBS about a computer that measures cadence. I did my commute in this morning. 26km in 90 mins, avg HR 144, vs 158 (the last time I did it). My fitness is improving - but a ways to go.

I know the weariness thing - my legs right now. :D