Repco Traveller Rebuild

The place for fixies and other rides without gears

Re: Repco Traveller Rebuild

Postby BRLVR.v2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 pm

emil soletti wrote:
m@ wrote:That's exactly the one I used on my Traveller—plays nicely with the original crankset, but if you're replacing with a SS-specific crankset you might need a different spindle length.

Great! Would it work together with this Lasco Crankset?

If you take the time to read the description below the cranks you linked to, it actually tells you the width of the bb required and what your chainline should be :wink:
Part of the process is researching, studying carefully and then asking the not so obvious questions. Using those crnks withe the correct bb and a new ss specific set of wheels will make your build easier and cheaper in the long run as everything is compatible and transferable to a better frame when you upgrade.
BRLVR.v2

by BNA » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm

BNA

Postby emil soletti » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Yes BRLVR.v2, I certainly agree, and I wish not to annoy people with silly questions :) I hope you'll excuse my newbie understanding of this stuff. I did see the BB-length requirement but I got curious to whether this means 103 :arrow: or exactly 103mm.
emil soletti

Postby BRLVR.v2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 pm

emil soletti wrote:Yes BRLVR.v2, I certainly agree, and I wish not to annoy people with silly questions :) I hope you'll excuse my newbie understanding of this stuff. I did see the BB-length requirement but I got curious to whether this means 103 :arrow: or exactly 103mm.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw= ... m270.l1313

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f40/reid ... 460-24463/
BRLVR.v2

Previous

Return to Fixed Gear/ Single Speed