South St, Rydalmere

spewyewi

South St, Rydalmere

Postby spewyewi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Put it down this morning at the roundabout at the junction of South St and Clyde Road, heading west into the bike path, front wheel washed out very easily. A lady in the car behind me kindly stopped and asked if I was ok and she was skidding as she came to a stop so possibly a large amount of oil or something on the road.
Be careful.
Was running 23mm Rubino pro's on the front instead of the usual 25mm Conti's so that could have helped...

Ozkaban

Re: South St, Rydalmere

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 pm

That's a bit of a bummer. I hate that intersection - there should be some way of joining the bike path without fighting it out with couriers and trucks on that roundabout.

Thanks for the warning, and hope you're ok.

Cheers,
Dave

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeah, this morning I saw lots of oil slicks on the road. I just took it very easy and had no problems thankfully.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Thanks for taking it for the team. When heading west, I usually go cross country over the grass (I use 25s LOL). It's a bad roundabout, they weren't thinking about the bike path when putting that together, that's for sure. It was too dark for me to see any oil when heading through last night.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:38 pm

I've done that!

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 12&t=29282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crappy design for sure and gets lots of oil. I take it easy through there at the slightest sign of drizzle these days.

T.