Fuji 2013 range

MarkG

Fuji 2013 range

Postby MarkG » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:52 am

http://www.fujibikes.com/

New range was revealed yesterday, noting the top of the line speed machine SST 1.1 comes with DA 9000 11 speed, while their the GC offering, the Altamira 1.1 (upgraded from 1.0) comes with DA Di2 9070 11 speed. Both these top tiered offerings come standard with Oval 45mm full carbon clinchers this year.
Both models now upgraded from 1.0 to 1.1.
The SST 1.1 now has no ISP, unlike the SST 1.0 from last year.
Interesting to note the SST is non Di2 unlike the Altamira
Trickling down the range, the lower spec'd SST and Altamira models featured lower grade carbon fibre and a mix of Ultegra Di2 with Rotor 3D crank.
Both line ups still utilise the Shimano press-fit BB86 bottom bracket.

Another interesting note is for the third year in a row, Fuji have changed the name of their highest modulus carbon fibre from D6 to C7 to C10 for the 2013 range.
The material is the same, not sure why they insist on changing the name.

SST 1.1 with DA 9000 mechanical.

Altamira 1.1 with DA Di2 9070

Altamira CX 1.3

Several new models in the line up, including an Altamira CX which is the cyclo cross version of their GC Altamira.

Back for 2013 is the eye catching D6 time trial bike, with the 1.0 (not a 1.1 as per the road bikes) now sporting Dura Ace 20 speed Di2.

Interesting to note they've retained the D6 carbon fibre, and have decided to stay with the 20 speed version of Dura Ace's Di2, coupled with the Rotor 3D crank.

The top of the line D6 also sports the Matty Reed signature on the top tube - Matty Reed is a top level US Pro Triathlete, and Fuji spokesman.

The heavy, eye catching deep dish Oval carbon clinchers have been retained, though most serious TT'ers and triathletes tend to swap these out for a lighter, more aero, tubular set.

Last but not least, their track bike, known as the Track Elite features their top of the line C10 high modulus carbon fibre, 3T bars, Dura Ace crank, and a great set of Oval's carbon tubular wheels. Why they weren't added to the D6 1.0 is a mystery ..

Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

thecaptn

Re: Fuji 2013 range

Postby thecaptn » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:09 am

I've never been interested in Fuji bikes but these look awesome. Only problem is that it's hard to find anyone who sells them.

Cinder

Postby Cinder » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:52 pm

SST range has been pretty spot on the last few years cosmetically (they did botch one or two colour schemes).
*** insert signature here ***

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Yeah the black and white scheme and the 2013 are awesome!

rabobank89

Postby rabobank89 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Wonder why they went non-ISP on the new SST 1.1..?

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Most manufacturers are going back that to the non isp way...much easier , and easier to sell on too..

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Damn that Altimira is nice....

[mantra]
**My SL1 comp is still nice..... My SL1 comp is still nice.... My SL1 comp is still nice...**
[/mantra]

Nope... didnt work :oops:
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

cyclotic

Postby cyclotic » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 am

Hi all,

Newbie here getting amongst it all.

Just picked up a Fuji Feather couple weeks ago. First ever road bike I've owned with drop bars (AT) 40 yrs old. Have all been mountain bikes or BMX as a kid.

Coming back to my query, would like to know if there is a parts spec list for the 2013 Feather? Is there sure list available from Fuji or online?

Have checked out their website but doesn't go into too much detail on specs of each individual parts on the bike.

Or would it be a matter of looking for the specs of parts on the bike itself?

Look forward to some feedback.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Dan

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 am

I was trying to figure out why I wasnt aware of the feather until I realised as an SS its part of the urban range, specs are here. What is it you want over and above that? It's a reasonably cheap bike so a lot of the parts appear to be generic so there probably isnt a lot more info to be had than whats on the website.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

RomanTheCube

Postby RomanTheCube » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:53 am

Loving the look of these except for the TT bike. Yikes they dropped the ball on that one

cyclotic

Postby cyclotic » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:30 pm

im_no_pro wrote:I was trying to figure out why I wasnt aware of the feather until I realised as an SS its part of the urban range, specs are here. What is it you want over and above that? It's a reasonably cheap bike so a lot of the parts appear to be generic so there probably isnt a lot more info to be had than whats on the website.
I'm more so after measurements of parts on the bike for buying upgrades. Stuff like BB or crank measurements. Have never tinkered on a bike, so its all new to me.

Thanks for your response.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:01 pm

cyclotic wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:I was trying to figure out why I wasnt aware of the feather until I realised as an SS its part of the urban range, specs are here. What is it you want over and above that? It's a reasonably cheap bike so a lot of the parts appear to be generic so there probably isnt a lot more info to be had than whats on the website.
I'm more so after measurements of parts on the bike for buying upgrades. Stuff like BB or crank measurements. Have never tinkered on a bike, so its all new to me.

Thanks for your response.
Crank lengths are on the geometry tab on the above link - 165 for XS/S and 170 for all other frame sizes. I would only suggest you upgrade the BB if you feel the need to upgrade the cranks. In terms of compatability with the frame, all you need to know is thread (likely ISO), shell width (likely 68, just measure the width of the BB shell on the frame) and spindle length (impacts your chainline). Spline type will be impacted by new cranks and need to match that. BB's are a minefield (see here). A few years down the track they still do my head in. The standard BB is a sealed unit so should require little/no maintenance on a new bike. Have a quick read of this also.

TMjpn

Postby TMjpn » Mon May 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Some of you with a keen eye may have noticed that the venerable D6 TT bike has been replaced by the new Norcom Straight model. NetApp gave it a TT run at the Tour of California.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ike-37211/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks purposeful :D but at the same time, appears to offer a few trimmings on its entry level spec that other brands don't ie; the flush top-tube stem combo, Concealed brakes and retaining the same frame shape through out compared to other brands that offer these details on thier top tier model and eliminate them from the entry-level ones.