bikepath to springfield has been removed from project

Marto

Re: bikepath to springfield has been removed from project

Postby Marto » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Just saw this one from a CM story today. What a rubbish decision! :evil: The Centenary Highway bike path south of the Sumner overpass is a fantastic resource. It is so much more relaxing to ride than the alternatives, which are either narrow or industrial. It lowers the fear of cycling uptake for locals. Grrrr.

Glad I didn't read the comments on the original CM story.

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Bike paths and lanes cost a fraction of other infrastructure
Average cost for one kilometre of:
Type of infrastructure Cost per km
Freeway $13 million
Tram track $8 million
Off-road bike path $150,000-300,000 (depending on conditions)
On-road bike lane $20,000-100,000 (marking bike lane on existing road)

The cost of 1km worth of bike path would possibly pay for the 7km worth of marking paint for the Minister's new dual carriage freeway extension.

*these are 2005 Victorian figures, but the cost of road marking paint would have increased accordingly as well.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

uppo75

Postby uppo75 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 am

It seems as if this new government is hell bent on keeping individual motorists happy, rather than people who are trying to do the right thing.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/desp ... 6498119855" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scott Emerson is the transport minister
His motto for the Indooroopilly electorate is - "Making Indooroopilly Stronger, Greener, Smarter"
What about the rest of the state Scott?

ozstriker

Postby ozstriker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm

I couldnt help myself i had to read the comments.

This one in particular cracks me up

"I do have an issues with the 95% of you that increasingly thumb your nose at basic road rules and etiquette...running red lights and hitting pedestrians with a 'walk' sign, or riding on footpaths and knocking people over, or shouting abuse to people that are simply walking where they should be....need I go on...the list doesn't stop there"

This guy is on the money, just this week i have hit 3 pedestrians alone, ive shouted abuse for no reason and i have ridden straight through a busy intersection because i am invincible

liquor box

Postby liquor box » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm

ozstriker wrote:I couldnt help myself i had to read the comments.

This one in particular cracks me up

"I do have an issues with the 95% of you that increasingly thumb your nose at basic road rules and etiquette...running red lights and hitting pedestrians with a 'walk' sign, or riding on footpaths and knocking people over, or shouting abuse to people that are simply walking where they should be....need I go on...the list doesn't stop there"

This guy is on the money, just this week i have hit 3 pedestrians alone, ive shouted abuse for no reason and i have ridden straight through a busy intersection because i am invincible
and i bet your bike is not registered, how can I report you to the police? :D