Video Camera who uses one?

Marto

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby Marto » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Another cyclist with a sunglasses camera, in a news report from Ten. Warning: completely wrong-headed reporting of a statistic at the end :evil:

RonK

Postby RonK » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:20 pm

For those who purchased the GoPro WiFi backpac and remote, the GoPro app is now available on iTunes...just in time for my tour of NZ.

A device update is required - once again, download and read the instructions carefully... :evil:

Ok,I finally got the Hero 2, WiFi Bacpac and remote control updated and the GoPro app working. And it seems to work very nicely, so at last I can see that the camera is aligned the way I want it. And all the controls are available too...wonderful.

Something I learned during the update process - it seems Cineform does not recognise the 64gb SD card I had installed, and would not connect to the Hero 2. Once I put the 32gb SD card in it connected.
Last edited by RonK on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Sven Nijs

Postby Sven Nijs » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Any sign of the new Sony Action Cam?
It's a bit warmer here than Scotland isn't it!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:55 am

Have you ever seen actioncam footage where the camera is mounted on a pole attached to the shooter’s helmet, looking back at them? If not, well, it’s pretty bizarre – their head is the only stable object in the shot, with the rest of the world appearing to swivel around it. The BoomPro is a prototype device, designed to allow anyone to get these kinds of shots using their GoPro HERO.

More information at Gizmag.

Andrew

Marto

Postby Marto » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:11 pm

You could add a light that flashes when the phone rings:

wizardhat

Postby wizardhat » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Wow. I just updated my gopro to the latest firmware and tried the HDTune codec stuff, the improvement in quality is excellent.

elStado

Postby elStado » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:56 pm

wizardhat wrote:Wow. I just updated my gopro to the latest firmware and tried the HDTune codec stuff, the improvement in quality is excellent.
Yep I updated mine as well a few nights ago. Awesome update, long awaited. Haven't tried out the new mode, but I've seen comparison vids online and it looks good.

I am really annoyed though that they brought out the GoPro app for iOS devices, but Android users (by far a larger market compared to iOS) still have to wait.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

bella26

Postby bella26 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:29 am

Will definitely have to check out the new firmware for the GoPro. In the meantime I've ditched Vimo for YouTube. Faster uploads and larger download limits so I'm happy. Here's my latest offering from a 3 day training camp in the Snowies for Fitzs challenge. http://youtu.be/6SU4786NmtU
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:05 am

elStado wrote:I am really annoyed though that they brought out the GoPro app for iOS devices, but Android users (by far a larger market compared to iOS) still have to wait.
So, do you have a wifi bacpac? Thats what the app is for.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Andrew

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:41 pm

RonK wrote:
elStado wrote:I am really annoyed though that they brought out the GoPro app for iOS devices, but Android users (by far a larger market compared to iOS) still have to wait.
Yep I'm too annoyed it's out for IOS but not android as well. The wait is still on for me.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Baalzamon wrote:
RonK wrote:
Yep I'm too annoyed it's out for IOS but not android as well. The wait is still on for me.
hehe - well I'm delighted with it. Not only can I see how my GoPro is aligned, but it makes changing camera settings so much easier.
And really, the remote becomes kinda redundant, and I could saved the money.

Just to reiterate - read the instructions carefully before beginning the updates.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 am

Havn't heard further news on the SONY camera's and will ask this week.
Cycling is in my BNA

herzog

Postby herzog » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Here's some fresh footage I took yesterday.

Chest mounted GoPro

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Marto wrote:You could add a light that flashes when the phone rings:
Or one on the end of your guitar (fast forward 40 seconds). Now this is what you should use your GoPro or Contour for:

Last edited by scirocco on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm

scirocco wrote:
Or one on the end of your guitar (fast forward 40 seconds). Now this is what you should use your GoPro or Contour for:
Or on your camera....

I did the Protune update via my windows pc. It downloaded it and when it finished downloading it kept saying please close any devices using it. Jumped on the mac and it worked the first time. Only played around with it this evening but I'm impressed at the detail in low light. Its super noisy but for a day light designed action camera its pretty good. The 35mbs and post processing can easily fix the noise issues. Still useless in ultra low light/darkness.

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:49 am

Lukeyboy wrote:
scirocco wrote:
Or on your camera....

I did the Protune update via my windows pc. It downloaded it and when it finished downloading it kept saying please close any devices using it. Jumped on the mac and it worked the first time. Only played around with it this evening but I'm impressed at the detail in low light. Its super noisy but for a day light designed action camera its pretty good. The 35mbs and post processing can easily fix the noise issues. Still useless in ultra low light/darkness.
There is something very wrong with that photo :)

elStado

Postby elStado » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 am

I got myself a GoPro chesty mount the other day, though haven't had a good reason to take it out for a spin. Might give it a go tomorrow to capture the hordes out on Bike2Work.

If you see me riding towards Perth CBD from the south, wave to the camera! :D
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

ray

Postby ray » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:26 am

Contour announces an update to the ContourROAM - the ContourROAM2 http://contour.com/products/contour-roam-2

A comparison between the Contour+2 and ROAM2: http://contour.com/products/compare_cameras.

It doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade for current ROAM owners. Other than the introduction of 60fps at 720p which on the earlier firmwares you could enable but was subsequently removed reverting back to 30fps.

Other improvements/changes include:
- better image quality
- lock switch on record
- available in 3 colours + black? (a different one to much the colour of your bike as long as it is red, blue, black or gold :) )
- inclusion of a 4gb memory card

Anyway my Contour+2 has arrived I just need to be pick it up from the post office later this week. With a spare battery I should be able to record footage of up to 5 hours which pretty much covers most of my rides. Will test it out on Sunday.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:53 pm

I was informed that the Sony Action Cam is going out to retailers already, don't know if it is on the shelves yet.
Also don't know how long until we can review.

Cheers
Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Go Pro Hero 3 announced. This from Twitter.

#GoPro HERO3: Black Edition - 30% smaller. 25% lighter. 2X faster processor. 4X higher resolution. Wi-Fi enabled. http://twitter.com/GoPro/status/2583989 ... 61/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 pm

norbs wrote:Go Pro Hero 3 announced. This from Twitter.

#GoPro HERO3: Black Edition - 30% smaller. 25% lighter. 2X faster processor. 4X higher resolution. Wi-Fi enabled. http://twitter.com/GoPro/status/2583989 ... 61/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pre-orders can be placed on GP website at midnight - US time... so at about 6pm SYD time.

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Kenzo wrote:

Pre-orders can be placed on GP website at midnight - US time... so at about 6pm SYD time.

I am wondering what that means for existing housings. Will they still fit?

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:05 pm

norbs wrote:
Kenzo wrote:

I am wondering what that means for existing housings. Will they still fit?
That's what I'm wondering. By the looks of it, it will be compatiable with the older stuff like battery packs as you'll just use the supplied backdoors attached to the newer camera housing. Hopefully that'll be the case.