HOLY !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!!!! Amstrong accepts life ban!!!

DaveOZ

Re: HOLY showtime!!! Amstrong accepts life ban!!!

Postby DaveOZ » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Getting much sleep Norbs?

norbs

Postby norbs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm

DaveOZ wrote:Getting much sleep Norbs?

To be honest, not a whole lot. This whole business fascinates me. It has also turned me into a moody SOB. Happy one minute, steam from the ears the next when a Armstrong zealot gives me grief.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:37 pm

norbs wrote:
winstonw wrote:Hooley Dooley Batman, Matt White admits to doping, and resigns!!!
Media release ...

http://cycling.norbtech.com/2012/10/mat ... a-release/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit : Beaten. See above :)
About blooming time too... after what he did with Trent Lowe as well I was surprised he got the job he did :roll: .

norbs

Postby norbs » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:47 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
About blooming time too... after what he did with Trent Lowe as well I was surprised he got the job he did :roll: .

Especially given WHO he referred him to! :shock:

Who is next of the Aussies? Dodger?

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 am

Some more background on Matt White - http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/matt-wh ... confession" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:39 am

norbs wrote: To be honest, not a whole lot. This whole business fascinates me. It has also turned me into a moody SOB. Happy one minute, steam from the ears the next when a Armstrong zealot gives me grief.
Yeah, it's easy to get dragged into the whole soap opera. I wonder how long Lance can go on with his head in the sand? And how many more of his supporters will come out and say they were wrong? The Phil Anderson video was interesting. Anyone heard from Phil Liggett? The longer Lance hides the more this is hurting him and if he continues the lie he is history.

SeditionTrial

Postby SeditionTrial » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:27 am

I think Nike should sever ties with Lance. So far they are sticking with him. Now we know what Lance was on, "what are they on?".
New tar seal in front of my wheel

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:45 am

I am one of the people who have been critical of the USADA. One of my many reasons being critical is that by spending so much effort on event up to 13 years ago they have not focussed on what is happening now and in the recent past. For me one of the most interesting aspects of the evidence is actually the analysis of biological passport info of Armstrong that suggests he had autologous blood transfusions.

The other unfortunate effect is that you get BS such as that from George Hincapie, Levi Leipheimer & now Matt White about how they once were dopers but that is all ancient history & everything is clean now.

As alluded to above, White was fired from Garmin Slipstream in early 2011 after it came out that in 2009 he sent Trent Lowe to del Moral, the former US postal team doctor & recipient of a lifetime ban along with Armstrong et al, for a "Vo2 test". Sure and Ferrari was just giving diet advice and training plans. :roll:

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 am

toolonglegs wrote:About blooming time too... after what he did with Trent Lowe as well I was surprised he got the job he did :roll: .
I'm not totally convinced White won't be permitted to return to CA/OGE.

If he is to return it should be in a capacity to bring ASADA up to speed on how anti-doping works and who else that's still involved in Aussie cycling needs to be investigated. He is most certainly not the only one.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:30 am

There are a lot of two faced mongrels out there that have all of a sudden have become “born again Christians” just to save their own jobs, such as Garmins Vaughter sacking Levi Leipheimer, Christian Vande Velde and David Zabriskie for having used PED’s when he recently confessed to having used PED’s himself.

You can shoot down LA as much as you like, but as far as I’m concerned there was not one successful rider out there during LA’s time that did not use some form of PED.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:43 am

Tom, Vaughters has not sacked Vande Velde or Zabriskie and Levi doesn't race on his team.
FPR Ragamuffin

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:53 am

norbs wrote:
To be honest, not a whole lot. This whole business fascinates me. It has also turned me into a moody SOB. Happy one minute, steam from the ears the next when a Armstrong zealot gives me grief.
In that case it won't be long before you are sleeping like a baby. There just seem to be far less of them about now. :roll:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

whitey

Postby whitey » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:58 am

Now we are having the "good guys" admitting their involvement like Matt White. While I love cycling and I love Greenedge, unfortunately there needs to be consequences for their actions. I cant see how Matt White can return to some role in cycling without having served a suspension for at least a couple of years.

The six month suspensions for Hincapie et al are rubbish, they will be back for the Spring Classics.

whitey

Postby whitey » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:00 am

greyhoundtom wrote: You can shoot down LA as much as you like, but as far as I’m concerned there was not one successful rider out there during LA’s time that did not use some form of PED.
And that's the point, all the clean riders were at the back of the pack - they had all their opportunities stolen from them by cheats. The level playing field is a furphy anyway once you read the Secret Race.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 am

find_bruce wrote:I am one of the people who have been critical of the USADA. One of my many reasons being critical is that by spending so much effort on event up to 13 years ago they have not focussed on what is happening now and in the recent past.
This is about people that are currently involved either competing, managing, administering, etc. when new evidence comes to light, what do you expect that they should do?

find_bruce wrote:For me one of the most interesting aspects of the evidence is actually the analysis of biological passport info of Armstrong that suggests he had autologous blood transfusions.

The other unfortunate effect is that you get BS such as that from George Hincapie, Levi Leipheimer & now Matt White about how they once were dopers but that is all ancient history & everything is clean now.

As alluded to above, White was fired from Garmin Slipstream in early 2011 after it came out that in 2009 he sent Trent Lowe to del Moral, the former US postal team doctor & recipient of a lifetime ban along with Armstrong et al, for a "Vo2 test". Sure and Ferrari was just giving diet advice and training plans. :roll:
Agree.

norbs

Postby norbs » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:
norbs wrote:
In that case it won't be long before you are sleeping like a baby. There just seem to be far less of them about now. :roll:

The numbers are dwindling, but the remaining followers seem to be more passionate in their defense. Mainly hiding behind the cancer shield than anything these days. Keep an eye on the shenanigans being performed over the next few days celebrating Livestrongs 15th year.

grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 am

winstonw wrote:Hooley Dooley Batman, Matt White admits to doping, and resigns!!!
He has only stood down, not resigned, afaik. And with CA already discussing an amnesty for Aussies, and the tone of contrition in his statement, I suspect he'll be back in the chair sooner rather than later. Fess up, say sorry and back to business I'd guess. I just find the contrition and 'cleaning it up with the new breed' sits pretty uncomfortably alongside his recommendation for Trent Lowe.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 pm

grasshopper wrote:
He has only stood down, not resigned, afaik. And with CA already discussing an amnesty for Aussies, and the tone of contrition in his statement, I suspect he'll be back in the chair sooner rather than later. Fess up, say sorry and back to business I'd guess. I just find the contrition and 'cleaning it up with the new breed' sits pretty uncomfortably alongside his recommendation for Trent Lowe.
I have been thinking about this whole situation, and as the old saying goes “It takes one to know one” therefore it may not be such a bad idea to have him in that position.

At least if the issue does come up he should have the experience and understanding to recognise it.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 pm

greyhoundtom wrote: At least if the issue does come up he should have the experience and understanding to recognise it.
... and cover it up :P

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Latest development which I don't notice mentioned here is that Cycling Australia are considering an Amnesty. I heard this as a short news announcement on ABC TV.
Cycling is in my BNA

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 am

Hang on, Armstrong's legal team has come up with the solution!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/arm ... 27llp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take a lie detector test! Brilliant!

Jim

norbs

Postby norbs » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 am

familyguy wrote:Hang on, Armstrong's legal team has come up with the solution!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/arm ... 27llp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jim

Psychopaths can beat them can't they?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:31 am

Jim
Well it was actually the interviewer that suggested the lie detector test and Armstrong's lawyer initially agreed, then ummed and erred, and said "maybe" then said he had to leave...

In any case, lie detector tests are unreliable, indeed "pseudo science".

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:35 am

Who really cares. It's quite clear he took the drugs and pushed them onto other younger riders. His continued denial is just eroding any credibility he had left. I don't know how he can continue to live the lie in the face of all this.

clackers

Postby clackers » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 am

Jim
Tyler Hamilton took one of these about his blood transfusions, Jim, lied during it - but passed. :-(