Bib questions.

lump_a_charcoal

Bib questions.

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey all,

I am looking to purchase a new bib, and I was considering a Sugoi RSE (I have RSE shorts and they are OK).
I went to another LBS and tried on some Loius Garneau bib also - A Neo power and an Equip.

Can anyone give a recommendation for either? They are comparable prices, but the LGs look to be made a little better, and the chamois feels a little more comfortable.

Opinions?

grantw

Re: Bib questions.

Postby grantw » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:59 pm

I have some Sugoi RSEs and quite like them, they are well made and wear is consistent with the use I put them to. Ultimately though you should buy the ones that are most comfortable for you.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:01 pm

I agree Grant - I tried them both on, and they feel great.

I am now leaning towards the LGs, as today when riding, I noticed that I have worn a hole in the Sugois, on the inner thigh.
Maybe I expect too much, but I don't think they should be worn through already.

grantw

Postby grantw » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Inner thigh? That'd be catching on your saddle somewhere perhaps. You'll likely have the same issue with any brand - but would be interesting to see how the garneaus stand up. The reviews for them seem pretty positive, thinking I might grab a pair myself!

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:20 pm

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52091" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:04 am

Great link Kenzo, I guess I have some investigating to do.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:46 am

I have previously had a pair of Sugoi bib shorts (cannot recall the specific model) but found the durability of them was rather lacking so haven't bothered to go back to them. Now my top end bibs are Assos.

Andrew

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Well it turns out that the worn patch is probably caused by the strap on my saddle bag - Not the stem, it's the strap around the belly of the bag.

Not really sure how to cover it either, maybe a sock with the toe cut of might do the trick...

Has anyone had success in patching shorts?

ray

Postby ray » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:15 pm

I had the same problem on my commuter bike eating my shorts. It was the seatpost as my saddle was further back so my thighs was rubbing against the corner of the post and wearing it out. I got some wetsuit repair kit to patch it up. I used iron mend fabric repair - lots of options if you look around.

JessicaAlba

Postby JessicaAlba » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I am wearing dhb gear from Wiggle (bibs, shorts and jerseys)...not being an expert, I can only say that I find all their stuff really comfortable, the bibs/shorts well padded, and not overly expensive as some other brands. Could be worth a look for you too...
Felt F2/DuraAce/FSA/DA C35s/Gatorskins

2014 Scott Addict Team Issue/DA9000/Syncros RL1.1/Zipp 404/Gatorskins

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:57 pm

I had a bad day at work the other day, so I decided some retail therapy was in order.

I ordered the Louis Garneaus from Amazon, and I'll be trying them out on the Syd to Gong in a few weeks.

As for the mysterious rubbing of my other shorts, whoever suggested to check for velcro was spot on.
It was the rough back of the strap causing the damage. I wrapped some black electrical tape around the offending area, and it seems to have stopped the damaged area getting worse, even after 55kms.

By the way, the retail therapy worked! :D