Lunges & Quad Soreness

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
josephk86

Lunges & Quad Soreness

Postby josephk86 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi all,

Earlier in the week I decided to do some lunges and calf raises as I couldn't head out on a ride.

I did 3 sets of 15 lunges per leg and felt ok at the time. The following morning, I could barely.walk let alone negotiate the stairs at home.

I would have thought these exerciese would have utilised the same muscle groups as cycling so why the pain?

Joe

vbplease

Re: Lunges & Quad Soreness

Postby vbplease » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Did you warm up/warm down, and stretch after?

I imagine lunges and calf raises (using weights) with cold legs would do that..
and since it's not replicating the cycling motion exactly, it's using different muscles in a slightly different way than you're used to. So it's a bit like any trip to the gym for the first time.. painful the next day :twisted:

biftek

Postby biftek » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 pm

doms is a common thing for those that are new to workouts like this , while you do use the same muscle groups but you use them in a different way , after a few more times you wont have doms no more
Last edited by biftek on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:59 pm

biftek wrote:doms is a common thing for those that are new to workouts like this , while you doing use the same muscle groups but you use them in a different way , after a few more times you wont have doms no more
+1

When they don't hurt anymore doing lunges, try jump lunges :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2