Trek 7500 or Scott Sportster P2

thejup

Trek 7500 or Scott Sportster P2

Postby thejup » Tue May 20, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi I am about to purchase a bike to use as a daily commuter to work which is about a 15 km round trip.

The 2 bikes I am looking at are the Scott Sportster P2 for $899 or the Trek 7500 for $999.

Any ideas about either of these bikes would be most welcome.

Thanks TJ

thejup

Postby thejup » Tue May 20, 2008 7:29 pm

I went with the Scott Sportster P2 as they only had one left in my size and at $899 with a RRP of $1299 and it's main running gear was Deore I thought it was a good deal.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue May 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Congrats on the new purchase, hope you enjoy the bike :D .

thejup

Postby thejup » Tue May 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi

I have just received my new P2, "whoo" like the TV ad about how far TV has come.

Whoo, this bike is like riding on air. I kept looking down for a motor.

Honestly the last bike I bought was a Bennet sebring racer about 25 years ago and I must say, they have come along way. This was an awsome road bike in it's time for the bucks - about $280.

I went in to the bike shop wanting a white peugot and some how come out with the Sebring.

I think I might have to change the seat though - 20 years of sitting in a car seat, then changing to the Scott seat which isn't too plush.

Oh well the aching ass will probably go with the aching calfs.

I cant wait till get into the ride of things, they say it is adictive. Well that sounds like a good Vice to me :-)

jasimon

Postby jasimon » Tue May 27, 2008 8:38 pm

thejup wrote: I think I might have to change the seat though - 20 years of sitting in a car seat, then changing to the Scott seat which isn't too plush.

Oh well the aching ass will probably go with the aching calfs.
Wait a while.

I just got back on a bike after being off one for a while and my bum ached for a while (well, not so much my bum as my sit bones). You would feel that way with any seat which means that choices you make now are unlikely to be the right choices. Wait for that to go away and then think about changing the seat if it still bugs you.