Ribble stuff up

bosvit

Ribble stuff up

Postby bosvit » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 pm

I ordered a set of speedplay stainless steel pedals from Ribble when they were on special 8 weeks ago. (Fathers day present from the kids and wife)

My order has been listed as ongoing since then and the speedplays have been listed as out of stock.

For those of you who don't use Ribble you can only order if they are listed as in stock at the time.

Anyway I emailed them today to find out if they had an estimate on the delivery time, they got back to me saying sorry for the stuff up but for some reason we missed the order and you have not been charged for the order.

So I check paypal and I have been charged for the order.

So I email them back that I have been charged and ask them to let me know what they are willing to do as a resolution.

I get the email back that they are sorry about the confusion as they thought it was a credit card purchase (why) and they have refunded the money.

The money has not hit the account yet and I suppose I should be happy that they have responded very quickly via email, but I just feel a bit ripped off actually.

Am I suffering a bit of Nanny State boo hoo or would you feel a bit the same?

Will be interesting to see how much I loose on exchange rate for the privilege of having them make a mistake and then keep my money.

bosvit

Re: Ribble stuff up

Postby bosvit » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:00 am

Lost a $1.95

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:21 am

Mate... sympathies with you on this.

I'm going to go out on a limb here though. We can usually buy whatever we want at local retailers however we choose not to. We all do orders on line instead to save money. We know that there are risks and inconveniences in the process but we decide that it's worth the risk.

I'd be guessing that 9/10 we are all happy with our purchases. Sometimes though, you just don't get lucky. :cry:

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:55 am

Can I just say I don't mean to sound unsympathetic. I'm just trying to say in a round about what... you win some you loose some. And with only generally we win more than we loose. :) :mrgreen:

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:20 pm

+1 to what Comedian said

Ribble would have hundreds of orders come through every day, chances are some are going to stuff up for a variety of reasons. Keep onto them about the refund, not sure how much Speedplay pedals are worth, probably at least a couple of hundred $$? Or you could just raise a dispute with PP (I did this once with an eBay vendor and soon got the vendor to action my complaint).

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 pm

I have X-series stainless in stock if you want them. PM me the price they offered and hopefully we can match it.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"