late entries for Ride 4 MD (caboolture)

fionahills

late entries for Ride 4 MD (caboolture)

Postby fionahills » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi there

this ride is on the 14th starting at Caboolture Lakes Park - they have had a few drop out and are taking late entries - the organiser is a great girl and has gone to huge amounts of trouble to organise - if anyone in the area has legs -it is 93 km with 4 stops along the way. They had to cancel the 50km due to lack of interest.

should be a nice day for a great cause - for the $100 entry you get tshirt, jersey and some other bits and bods - plus a sausage sizzle, face painting etc at the end point for supporters.

I couldn't talk all of mine into it but 4 of us are going - 2 x 100 in 2 weeks - I might melt!!!!

contact Tessa Dredge 3607 1800 or email tessad@mdqld.org.au or google ride4MD

jacob_T

Re: late entries for Ride 4 MD (caboolture)

Postby jacob_T » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Ahhh.

I've only just seen this... would have loved to do this ride.

How did it go?

fionahills

Postby fionahills » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:42 pm

HI

it was so well organised - for me it was a bit lumpy for the first 50kms and I was not nearly fast enough - think I drove the sweeps mad :oops: but I enjoyed it and the people involved were all really nice and supportive - they waited for me at the end (at least 10 minutes - :oops: and we all rode in together (that must have been annoying) but no-one was anything but pleasant. I will do it again next year BUT will try and make sure I am a bit fitter and faster - plus cos it only my second 100 and the week after B2GC (my 1st one) I may have overestimated my ability...... but i did finish and rode up every lump so a good result for me.

If you had asked me 2 months ago could I ride 2 x 100 - including hills I would have laughed my head off - :mrgreen:
Really great fun though completely spent the next day.

highly recommend it. fiona

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Glad it went well.

I'm really keen to try and get along to some of these rides since I've never ridden in a big group before.

Hopefully see you at one soon.