Performance enhancing drugs ok for non sportspeople?

WyvernRH

Re: Performance enhancing drugs ok for non sportspeople?

Postby WyvernRH » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 am

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:It's simple for us though, since we are not the ones determining what is and isn't prohibited.
It may be that WADA places such things on their under active consider list at some stage, but that is not our direct concern.
There is nothing to say you can't use such therapies and continue to ride a bike. Just you can't race while doing so. Make a choice.
Hmm, opinion of someone looking up from the youthful side of middle age I think?
But.. maybe there should be 'pure' and 'theraputiuc' classes in a race? One class for the lucky who can keep racing as nature intended and one for folks who need stuff like testosterone and steroids to keep moving.
Cheers
Richard

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:00 pm

WyvernRH wrote:
Alex Simmons/RST wrote:It's simple for us though, since we are not the ones determining what is and isn't prohibited.
It may be that WADA places such things on their under active consider list at some stage, but that is not our direct concern.
There is nothing to say you can't use such therapies and continue to ride a bike. Just you can't race while doing so. Make a choice.
Hmm, opinion of someone looking up from the youthful side of middle age I think?
But.. maybe there should be 'pure' and 'theraputiuc' classes in a race? One class for the lucky who can keep racing as nature intended and one for folks who need stuff like testosterone and steroids to keep moving.
Cheers
Richard
If you need steroids and testosterone to keep moving, somehow I'm not sure sure racing would be a good idea.

They are the rules. If the rules change, fine. Until then, make a choice.

There are limited number of riders in older masters age divisions as it is, why on earth would we want to split them further?

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:45 pm

yarravalleyplodder wrote:sport is a physical challenge against yourself and others, creating music is not...
I beg to differ. The fitness and energy requirement of a classical soloist or orchestral player can be incredible. It's analogous to the largely under-estimated table tennis and badminton players at the elite level.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.