Sydney to Perth in November - meeting people on the way

pollardsam

Sydney to Perth in November - meeting people on the way

Postby pollardsam » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm

I'll be setting off on a supported tour from Sydney to Perth (well actually finishing with the Ironman triathlon in Busselton). It's a music tour as well, I'll be gigging every night and there will be a film crew coming along to make it all into a documentary for ABC TV.

Anyway, we are looking for interesting characters along the way, so if you are on the route and want to join the ride for a section or just say hi on the way please let me know. Also looking for interesting places to play music (just me and a guitar or keyboard).

Route details are at http://www.wodaus.com and you can email me at info@wodride.com.

Also, any hints or tips would be appreciated! :)

Sam.

rama

Re: Sydney to Perth in November - meeting people on the way

Postby rama » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi Sam, your plan is interesting. Don't forget to enjoy the ride, while focusing on the off-bike activities.
I checked out the route on your website, and believe there may be some important discrepancies in calculated distances on the Port Augusta - Norseman section, which I have thoroughly researched for my own use. (I have no data on the Sydney-Port Augusta and Norseman-Perth sections).
For instance, the Yalata-Eucla and Eucla-Madura legs appear shorter than my calculations, while the Balladonia-Norseman stretch may be overstated. Differences in other sections are very minor, and should not be of any concern.
Perhaps it may be worth recalculating all section distances. You may want to use http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is fairly reliable.
All the best for your ride. Have fun!
Angelos

pollardsam

Re: Sydney to Perth in November - meeting people on the way

Postby pollardsam » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanks for that rama, my distances are just rough guesses really, and I think those ones across the Nullabor are between rest stops rather than actual towns. Kind of playing it by ear across there really :)