Will you advertise Livestrong

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Will you advertise Livestrong

Postby Alien27 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Grab a big fat permeant market and write "Ya I know I know but it was so cheap" on the front and back and then ware it for giggles.
Tom
Alien27

by BNA » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:43 pm

BNA

Postby vander » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Wal42 wrote: In your opinion, in fact I have donated monies to Livestrong for the last 6 years, I receive the same member emails & tweets as every other Livestrong member, never was there any request to vote for or against any political party

The US laws for not for profit organisations are similar to those in Australia, so I'm sure the IRS audit the books of Livestrong without any prejudice, I think they would have been caught & fined Livestrong if there was any illegal activity going on there, plus they would also be auditing his personal declarations as they do with anyone running or connected with a charity.

I think that your opinion on Armstrong using Livestrong as a money making operation may be a little out. Like Gates or Jobs, any philanthropist is heavily scrutinised by the IRS or relevant taxation department, I think that they would be more than adequate in discovering any 'irregularities' in Livestrong's bookkeeping if they were just a shelf company to fund Lance Armstrong or any other official of Livestrong.

I am most wrong with this??? So you are stating that my opinion is wrong?

So WADA is better off re-testing & pursuing athletes who no longer compete as testing gets better, rather than testing current athletes?

Is this what you have implying?

I know who Dr Michael Ashenden is, but I cannot find any evidence of him making such a statement, if he did I'm not sure he was claiming that chasing riders who have retired, etc. is better practice than testing current riders.

Two relevant interviews I've read of his are-

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ne ... s-ashenden

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usada-c ... enden-says

neither has anything reflecting the statement you have credited to him making.

He has been critical of the testing regime that the UCI has followed in the past, as I originally stated my opinion of the UCI allowing a 50% hematocrit level in 1996 was erroneous, as it only encouraged wholesale & systematic use of blood doping within the World Tour riders.

On your first comment you are not in USA why would he email you telling you not to vote for someone in the US election......

See his interview for 4corners he siad exactly that. Also they arent retesting Lance the positives they already had now they have the stories of the riders. The biggest thing needed to get rid of the drugs is to break the omerta. Spanish are still all for the omerta however as can be seen by all of them jumping to Lance's defense.

Yes it is worthwhile pursuing riders from the past to let the cheats know even if they get away with it now they wont forever, and I hope Lance gets jail time to keep those cheats thinking if I do cheat I might get thrown in jail. Also if it helps to clean out the dirty team managers, team doctors and management people (UCI) who are still in and around the sport in a very big way then yes it is more then worthwhile. Its not just about Lance. Infact I think half of all of team management should go. It kills me to see an unashamed doper such as Vino go into management.

Read rollers stuff about livestrong.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/ ... ckgrounder
Watch this. Ashenden talks (AT) 46min in. The plasticisers test which was meant to help with blood transfusions he has said in articles works only if they took the transfusion in about the last 2 hours.
vander

Postby vander » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:46 am

A bit unrelated to live strong but more great work from Ashenden.
http://www.siab.org.au/58dgETdx002ag/Ar ... iangle.pdf
I hope the UCI see jail time also (if that is even possible) for misusing their power.
vander

Postby clackers » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:54 am

Wal42 wrote:
He has been critical of the testing regime that the UCI has followed in the past, as I originally stated my opinion of the UCI allowing a 50% hematocrit level in 1996 was erroneous, as it only encouraged wholesale & systematic use of blood doping within the World Tour riders.

In the absence of an actual test this was probably the best option available to administrators, but yes, as the pros joked it is like legalizing armed robbery provided less than $1000 is taken.
clackers

Postby MADCAP » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Monton Cycling Gear is fine, takes around 3 weeks, but it arrives... quality is nice aswell - happy to shop again...
MADCAP

Previous

Return to General discussion