What a waste of money, got no idea what those hipsters see in it
17%
It's the best way to keep up my track skills
3%

Total votes : 36

Re: How much do you like riding fixed?

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 pm

BRLVR.v2 wrote:
PeteV wrote:Last weekend I flipped the wheel and gave fixed riding another go. I was beeming from ear to ear,. The front will likely stay forever but hey, that's just me. I'm loving it!

Winning!

Plus LOTS!!!
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:01 am

BNA

Postby bychosis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:01 am

Have ordered clip less pedals and BB, the locking came off again, replaced the quick link and ready to have another go. Nt sure if I'll commute on it next week, probably wait for the BB to arrive.

I went for ride (cruise) with some others and swapped bikes for a little while, it's really weird swapping from fixed to free on the same ride, even more so because I switched to an MTB with really wide bars. Riding only one style on a ride seems much easier to adapt to.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.
bychosis

Postby PeteV » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Bit the bullet early and removed the rear brake, I guess it's kind of redundant anyway and was only there for my peace of mind

Merida Ride Lite 93 2012
Mojo Urban fixed
1984 Christoff R.I.P
PeteV

Postby Mugglechops » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm

I did almost 70kms fixed today as my comeback to fixed riding. I was loving it until my cheap chain broke about 100 metres from home.

Time to invest in a new chain plus a longer rear axle so I can run a chain tug.
Mugglechops

Postby neoppg » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:58 pm

There is something about riding fixed that just brings me back to my childhood and always brings a smile to my face.

I take my fixie along to our regular Wednesday ride usually full of carbon bikes ( we need more numbers) in Brisbane. Every time I jump on it I just feel like a "big kid" last ride a call came out from the bunch about something on the road..... It was a Maccas drink cup sitting upright right in our path....... As everyone dodged it (which is the logical thing to do) I focused in just as I did as a teenager and smashed it!!!!!!!!! It was full and almost covered the entire pack in coke!!!..... Classic!!!

Before I get any negative comments..... It really was Stupid......... But it was also FUN!!!!!!
neoppg

Postby Oxford » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Nice looking bike PeteV, one thing I really like about fixies is the clean look, even with the front brake they just look awesome.
Building more roads to prevent congestion is like a fat man loosening his belt to prevent obesity.
- Lewis Mumford
Oxford

Postby BRLVR.v2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Today marks the seventh consecutive day that I have chosen to ride freewheelfree.

I have discovered the zone has more than one level, yesterdays ride was a revelation. Two hours and seventeen minutes of the day passed in a blur of endorphins and sweat. Reservoir Rd slipped away before I realised how much it hurts. The run to, around and from Diggers felt like a trip to the milkbar and even that hill out back of Menzies Drive that always beats me was looking pretty bloody tired by the time I ground to a halt-60m higher than before. The light has been seen and its warmth basked in. :mrgreen:

I take it this is on the bike you're testing :wink: . Are you going to keep it or get on with the build from way back when, now you have inspiration in your corner?
BRLVR.v2

Postby vaeske » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 pm

got my carl evans track frame from a fellow user on the forum and built it for a commuter with a drilled fork. Fantastic bike to ride. Love it to death. I thought about riding gears to work but its just so fun to ride fixed.
vaeske

Postby BRLVR.v2 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:53 pm

vaeske wrote:got my carl evans track frame from a fellow user on the forum and built it for a commuter with a drilled fork. Fantastic bike to ride. Love it to death. I thought about riding gears to work but its just so fun to ride fixed.

pics somewhere??
BRLVR.v2

Postby vaeske » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:18 pm

I'll get some tomorrow near the river/park. Should be a nice day :)
vaeske

Previous

Return to Fixed Gear/ Single Speed