HOW TO LOOK PRO

baralah

HOW TO LOOK PRO

Postby baralah » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:44 am

Ladies,

While browsing cycling tips, I found this very funny and interesting article

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2008/11/how-to-look-pro/

I'm sure that most of us could relate to this. Enjoy and have a good Monday
The legs say NO!!!!! And brain can't do much......

Ozkaban

Re: HOW TO LOOK PRO

Postby Ozkaban » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 am

:mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 pm

My favourite part about this (and The Rules) is how I can read half the list and laugh, and then the other half I lower my eyes with shame... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I should rip off the Trek decal and reapply "EuroCool Poser Wannabe".

I am so getting deep dish wheels to keep up on the Saturday morning ride... those mongrels are QUICK.

Mrfenejeans

Postby Mrfenejeans » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Xplora wrote:I am so getting deep dish wheels to keep up on the Saturday morning ride... those mongrels are QUICK.
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah his wheels did look far more PRO than mine.

Edited: To reflect Ozkaban's "Fix"

:lol:
Last edited by Mrfenejeans on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Mrfenejeans wrote:blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah his wheels did look far more PRO than mine.
fixed it for you :mrgreen:

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Right now I don’t think it’s such a good idea to try and look as if you belong on the Pro circuit. :cry:

wizdofaus

Postby wizdofaus » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:38 pm

I know it was half in jest, but seriously...long pants and jerseys when it's anything under 20C? The only time I feel the least need for full-length gear is when it's sub 5C...nothing to do with being tough, just feel better that way. Sure, if you're forced to stop for 10 minutes+ it's chilly but how often does that happen....

AJ_

Postby AJ_ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:17 pm

wizdofaus wrote:I know it was half in jest, but seriously...long pants and jerseys when it's anything under 20C? The only time I feel the least need for full-length gear is when it's sub 5C...nothing to do with being tough, just feel better that way. Sure, if you're forced to stop for 10 minutes+ it's chilly but how often does that happen....
Your Clearly don't live in Melbourne.

:)

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 pm

AJ_ wrote:
wizdofaus wrote:I know it was half in jest, but seriously...long pants and jerseys when it's anything under 20C? The only time I feel the least need for full-length gear is when it's sub 5C...nothing to do with being tough, just feel better that way. Sure, if you're forced to stop for 10 minutes+ it's chilly but how often does that happen....

I always thought Melbournians were a soft lot :-D

baralah

Postby baralah » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:40 pm

"And please, don’t wear underwear under your shorts!" :lol: :lol:
The legs say NO!!!!! And brain can't do much......

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Where's the "HOW TO LOOK FRED" thread? :wink:

pacra

Postby pacra » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 pm

I always thought wrap around mirror shades were ultimate Pro

wizdofaus

Postby wizdofaus » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 pm

AJ_ wrote:

Well I don't live in Hobart or Canberra and how many other cities get temps under 5C...I went out this morning in short sleeves and knicks, it was about 10C. Felt great until I got a bloody puncture...

RoFlmaTiC

Postby RoFlmaTiC » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 am

I think it's just a case of misconversion. The original article (from the pezcycling article) read:
How to Dress for Weather. If the temperature is below 60 degrees Fahrenheit, you must wear knees or better yet, full leg warmers. If you go out of the house in 50 degree weather with bare legs, it doesn’t mean you’re tough, it just means you’re an idiot. In the summer, no matter how hot it gets, you must never wear a sleeveless jersey. Tan lines are the proud mark of a real cyclist. If you must get some additional ventilation, cut a vertical line along the inside seam of your sleeve with a pair of scissors. Not only will this help you stay cool, but it says, “my sponsors give me so many jerseys, I don’t mind wrecking one.”
2011 Cervelo S2 | 2014 Cervelo P2 | 2014 Apollo Giro Disc | 2018 S Works Tarmac Ultralight | 2020 Ragley Trig Adventure