How was your commute ... today, yesterday, last week ...

Comedian

Re: How was your commute ... today, yesterday, last week ...

Postby Comedian » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 pm

marinmomma wrote:How were the legs this morning?

We are joining in on the smurf run in the morning too!
Legs still CACTUS. :shock: :evil:

Will be interesting to see how quickly I get dropped.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Comedian wrote:
marinmomma wrote:How were the legs this morning?

We are joining in on the smurf run in the morning too!
Legs still CACTUS. :shock: :evil:

Will be interesting to see how quickly I get dropped.
you can always join our ride if that happens. I'll bring an occy strap

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm

You'll be fine Steve...otherwise we wombles will collect you somewhere along the way :wink:
Lisa

Milar

Postby Milar » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Recovery ride today. 100 k's on Saturday and 2 x 20-20 cricket games Sunday. All that running around really builds up the lactic. I wish now I'd gone for another ride instead. Still, I took the longer way to work this morning.

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:35 am

Warm ride back yesterday, and a little windy, but pleasant for the most.
This morning was pleasantly cool, and had a good run into the Melbourne CBD.
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

TraceyG

Postby TraceyG » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:47 am

First 28km were glorious from Trafalgar, out through Moe to Newborough and up into the Haunted Hills. Then the fog rolled in and it was all caution for the last 6km. Hopefully will be all good heading home tonight.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 am

riverloop this morning. felt tired, so nothing spectacular

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:31 am

There are now three Cecil Walker bikes in the work shed. Last night on the way home I bumped into an old guy on his 1983 Cecil Walker.
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:53 am

Riverloop commute for me his morning. Missed a 38 average by .1 of a K. Next week I'm just going to have to HTFU. :mrgreen:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:13 am

Comedian wrote:Riverloop commute for me his morning. Missed a 38 average by .1 of a K. Next week I'm just going to have to HTFU. :mrgreen:
I thought you were having a rest week....

FuzzyDropbear

Postby FuzzyDropbear » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 am

Great ride last night, knocked off work late and got home just as the darkness crept in. Streets were pretty much empty, which is a rarity and there was no wind at all, so a great way to finish off a long day at work.

Actually, same on the way into work this morning. Apart from having to jump the curb to avoid the roadworks and landing on a stubby.... However, no punctures.... which is quite random because I get elevendy billion punctures a year compared to the other lads. Oh well, Continental City Contacts, great for on the road and off it! 8)

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:02 pm

jasonc wrote:
Comedian wrote:Riverloop commute for me his morning. Missed a 38 average by .1 of a K. Next week I'm just going to have to HTFU. :mrgreen:
I thought you were having a rest week....
Yes I am. :). After todays ride. :). I'll skip the tour Thursday.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Back on the commute again this morning after 2 weeks motor commute and 3weeks off work for a new bub. Still cool weather, but overcast (can't have everything I guess). Rode fixed to work and got a reasonable time too considering I was taking it easyish. PSP was busy so I'm going to have to find another bell, or one with a QR mount to switch between bikes.

It's good to be out riding again.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

westab

Postby westab » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Good ride in this morning and looking even better for the way home - there will be extra kms again this afternoon with the goal being 5000km commuting for the year. This will require an average of 140 kms/week till the factory shutdown at the end of the year. So any chance for extra kms is being taken at the moment.

Looking forward to the ride home tonight - Sydney's weather looks so good. :mrgreen:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Lovely morning for a ride today. Made it half road half dirt just for fun, then did the same thing this arvo.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:35 pm

yay a tail wind. but I cruised. nice day for being on a bike (like just about every day)

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 am

Hot ride back yesterday afternoon - my little weather station showed 34C in the shade when I arrived home.
Warm and tailwind-assisted ride into the Melbourne CBD this morning. On my way through Uni Hill, a fox dashed across my wheel in Ormond St, and about 100m further, another fox was hanging around some garbage bins, undoubtedly figuring out how to raid them - wasn't bothered by my presence at all.
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:32 am

full bag this morning. tried for high cadence rather than speed.

EDIT: 21st day commuting to work for the month. that's a PB. there's been 23 weekdays this month. The 2 I didn't commute:

1. public holiday
2. honourable excuse thread - daughter was sick

westab

Postby westab » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 am

Good ride last night, this morning - enjoying riding at the moment.
The legs are begining to show signs of the years riding with the odd niggle that will just need to be "managed" till a break at Christmas time - while still aiming at reasonable kms to reach the target of 5000km commuting distance for the year.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am

My commute this morning was very nice....barely any clouds, sun shining, not too hot..couldnt ask for more...well I could I guess...some young hot lady riding in front of me would be nice...just once at least hahahaha

took it easy, stayed in small chainring for 99% of the ride, try and give the legs a shakeup/break...will do the same this afternoon on the ride home. Makes the ride much longer in time, but I wasnt worried about what time I got to work..it was always going to be there

yesterday arvo's ride home was a good one except for two cars full of young idiots....done at different times but they got their jollies by yelling out at me..I just wish that light had turned red in time for one of the cars, would have got up close to the window and politely asked them "now what did you say boys"...but luck wasnt on my side

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:21 pm

I saw a guy have a stack this morning. I think he was more embarrassed than injured as he missed a clip in taking off from the lights going into a corner and hit the deck! He was riding with a buddy and when I stopped to check on his well being they were checking the bike for injury rather than him. Other than that a fairly relaxed commute in this morning.

The good form continues with a massive PB on Lilyfield Road that put me into the top 10 on Strava for the segment. No idea where it came from as the legs were not really interested up to that point but I'm happy to claim it!

DentedHead

Postby DentedHead » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Rode my recumbent trike to work for the first time today. Only 7kms, but it was a beaut ride, mostly downhill, with a tailwind to boot! Ballarat drivers may have no clue what to do at round-a-bouts, or what indicators or speed limits are for, but they sure are courteous to cyclists :D

Dent.

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 am

Rode back via the LBS yesterday to check on my bike rebuild. Sadly, the frame was still in the shipping box :( - no progress yet. The frame is a Soma. Will salvage all working bits off the Merida and add a few new bits, e.g. headset.

No ride for me today as the wife needed to fly up to Sydney early this morning and I have kid duty as a result. Picked a good day for it too, Melbourne dropped from a max of 34C yesterday to 17C today, and the rain is coming down.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 am

fantastic weather this morning for riding....had my "neighbour" fly past me on his TT bike with about 6-8 k's to go on my ride in...let him go saying to myself "its the end of the week, Im taking it easy, he has fresh legs" and let him go....for a bit, then the competitive streak cut in and I made myself work hard...was doing around 30-31 when he went past, ended up doing 37-41 trying to catch him.

With about 2 k's to go to my office I caught him at the bottom of a hill. I knew he would slow down a little going up it. He was a bit surprised when I called out to him to go a bit faster. I think he thought he had blown me away well and truely. Was on his back wheel all the way up the hill with some in reserve, even though I was hurting.

Ride home will be a casual one for sure now

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 am

TailWind wrote:Melbourne dropped from a max of 34C yesterday to 17C today, and the rain is coming down.
do not miss that.

One word for this mornings commute: KNACKERED

Double-coot-tha riverloop. Thankfully I was on the Fuji which is just a joy to ride. was starting to get warm by the end of the ride. Comedian - missed you by about 10 mins. The plan was to make it. I knew it would be close.