Cranebrook to M7

Cranebrook to M7

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Can anyone suggest a nice route that involves little traffic, from Cranebrook to the M7?
I noticed something on the map called the Western Sydney Orbital, but it looks like a dirt track to me.

There are a few new estates that sort of link to St Marys area, which is the sort of riding I am after.

I would like to avoid Northern Rd, as it is too congested for me during travel times, as is Blacktown Rd.

I am getting better in traffic, but not at the level yet where I feel OK riding to/on the M4.

Thanks y'all!
lump_a_charcoal

by BNA » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:16 am

BNA

Re: Cranebrook to M7

Postby thepj » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:16 am

the western sydney orbital is the m7 as far as i know, i dont think there is more direct route were you can avoid busy roads, i used to ride from st marys to penrith sometimes and just weaved though backstreets to avoid the main rds *edit*
Cannondale Prophet | 2011 Merida Sculpture 904 | 2007 giant crx4*Gone* | 2004 RALEIGH*Gone*
thepj

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:01 am

They certainly align in areas, but in the link below, you can see it take a turn towards Richmond...

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=weste ... 16&iwloc=A
lump_a_charcoal

Postby thepj » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 am

Ye true i didnt see that, very interesting deffently some sort of possibility for a road there aye. although i dont totaly understand it this might shed some light on that mystery rd on the map http://transportsydney.wordpress.com/20 ... t-3-roads/
Cannondale Prophet | 2011 Merida Sculpture 904 | 2007 giant crx4*Gone* | 2004 RALEIGH*Gone*
thepj

Postby SpinninWheels » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm

I lived in Cranebrook for about 10 years, and towards the end of my time there I drove each day from home to the M7 / M2 via Shalvey area. At the time they were nice quite country roads, may have filled up a bit since then. Try this:

From Cranebrook head onto Ninth Ave, heading east. Left into Second Ave, then right into Eighth Ave. Follow onto Palmyra Ave where you will pass the entrance to the new estate built on the old Defence Reserve. Continue to the T junction and turn left onto Luxford Road. Follow that to the end where you will meet Rooty Hill Road Nth. Turn left here and within 100mtrs you will be on the M7.
SpinninWheels

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:35 pm

SpinninWheels wrote:I lived in Cranebrook for about 10 years, and towards the end of my time there I drove each day from home to the M7 / M2 via Shalvey area. At the time they were nice quite country roads, may have filled up a bit since then. Try this:

From Cranebrook head onto Ninth Ave, heading east. Left into Second Ave, then right into Eighth Ave. Follow onto Palmyra Ave where you will pass the entrance to the new estate built on the old Defence Reserve. Continue to the T junction and turn left onto Luxford Road. Follow that to the end where you will meet Rooty Hill Road Nth. Turn left here and within 100mtrs you will be on the M7.

I think this is the best route also. I am hoping I can cut through the old ADF site, which will bring me out onto Luxford also...

Thanks for all your input fellas!
lump_a_charcoal

Return to New South Wales