Postage Insurance Claim Question

Leaf T

Postage Insurance Claim Question

Postby Leaf T » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:23 am

I am hoping to hear what peoples views are on who pays when an item is damaged in transit on it's way back from the dealer after a warranty repair.
I was told they would follow it up with Aussie Post but doesn't this take weeks or more?

Should the dealer rectify the problem immediately with the customer and try to recoup their loss from the carrier they used?

Or should I hope that it all goes well when they make a claim and weeks down the track I finally get a yay or nay and possibly have to foot the bill myself?

Thanks,
A

birdbrain

Re: Postage Insurance Claim Question

Postby birdbrain » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:49 pm

I would guess it probably depends. If the item was sent by registered post then it's insured for up to $100. You can increase this amount. If the dealer insured the item then he should make it good. If there is no insurance whatsoever and the item is'nt sent via registered post then my guess is you are out of luck. Going on my one past experience with A Post when they lost a parcel I sent interstate they will do all they can to avoid paying for your loss. I stand corrected of course. :|