Bike Hire in Brisbane

Bike Hire in Brisbane

Postby simonofthepiemans » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:24 am

Good day folks.
I'm flying to Brisbane on Friday (Wynnum West)for a three week stay with some friends, none of whom cycle. In between organised trips and days out I was hoping to hire a road bike while I was over and do a bit of exploring on my lonesome. Does anyone know anywhere I can hire such steed (not a city hire bike)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've also heard there some good trail riding too so maybe an MTB. Looking forward to being there.

Cheers, Si
simonofthepiemans

by BNA » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:40 pm

BNA

Re: Bike Hire in Brisbane

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:40 pm

jasonc

Postby simonofthepiemans » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks Jason, that's really helpful.
simonofthepiemans

Postby briztoon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:01 pm

And I speak with some experience. Wynnum West is of one the bad suburbs of Brisbane. A couple of years ago it rated in the top 10 suburbs in 7 of 10 main crime stats. There is "the ghetto" (the devine housing estate), the pub used to be a bikie pub, and then a major battle ground for different drug gangs, and is one of the roughest in Brisbane (I've witnessed some of the drug fights, as well as glassings, and a guy knocked out with one punch and then his head stomped on - two different offenders, the victim is a vegetable now).

Sorry can't help you with the bike hire. You could try contacting the LBS in Wynnum, Rival Bikes and see if they can help. http://www.rivalbikes.com.au/
briztoon

Return to Queensland