Police seeking witnesses

cp123

Police seeking witnesses

Postby cp123 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:31 am

http://the-riotact.com/did-you-see-the- ... rday/81457

If anyone saw anything related to the above.

And on todays radio at 7 am i heard a car vs cyclist incident at the corner of Canberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive. Stay safe everyone.

cp123

Re: Police seeking witnesses

Postby cp123 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 am

nescius

Postby nescius » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am

The ambos and coppers were there when I passed through, police were talking to an older man who looked a little agitated, I assume he was the driver. The only damage I could see to the car was a broken right hand wing mirror, there was a bike in the grass a few meters away but it didn't look like it had too much damage either.

I hope the cyclist is ok
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Another crash at Morphett/Northbourne this morning, police/ambulance & fire (?!) in attendance, cyclists standing around, a bike lying on the median strip. I'm going to assume it was a car/bike interaction, but nothing in the news.

I really wish people would ride that section more carefully, cars turning left onto Morphett or cars turning across Northbourne really struggle to see a bike in the shadows at that time of the morning. I always ride that section with lights ablaze, covering the brakes and assuming that the cars haven't seen me. But 90%+ of the cyclists I follow along there don't.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

cp123

Postby cp123 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:25 pm

I saw that one mentioned here...

http://the-riotact.com/did-you-see-the- ... rday/81457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited to add - I have a similar street on the south side where cars going north along Melrose Drive often give way to oncoming cars turning right into Eggleston Street. Often cars might leave a gap so cars can turn through so NEVER zoom along there as its so easy to get taken out by a car driver who honestly cannot see you coming.

I hope those concerned are okay.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Yep, that's another dangerous one, although from personal experience through there it's mainly the drivers at fault rather than road conditions.

Sent from my iThingy...

seddo

Postby seddo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 pm

twizzle wrote:Another crash at Morphett/Northbourne this morning, police/ambulance & fire (?!) in attendance, cyclists standing around, a bike lying on the median strip. I'm going to assume it was a car/bike interaction, but nothing in the news.

I really wish people would ride that section more carefully, cars turning left onto Morphett or cars turning across Northbourne really struggle to see a bike in the shadows at that time of the morning. I always ride that section with lights ablaze, covering the brakes and assuming that the cars haven't seen me. But 90%+ of the cyclists I follow along there don't.
All road traffic accidents in ACT - have the mandatory 3 service response

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:34 pm

seddo wrote:
twizzle wrote:Another crash at Morphett/Northbourne this morning, police/ambulance & fire (?!) in attendance, cyclists standing around, a bike lying on the median strip. I'm going to assume it was a car/bike interaction, but nothing in the news.

And yet when I rang in a serious accident a couple of years ago they insisted I pick a service despite needing all three. Go figure... I wonder which service has the best call centre operators?

Sent from my iThingy...

seddo

Postby seddo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:41 pm

twizzle wrote:
seddo wrote:

And yet when I rang in a serious accident a couple of years ago they insisted I pick a service despite needing all three. Go figure... I wonder which service has the best call centre operators?

Sent from my iThingy...
The telstra 000 operator will ask for a service to be nominated. In the ACT , Ambulance and Fire share the same communcation room and CAD (computer aided/assisted dispatch) program