Recommendations for hydration backpack brands for roadies

Saint Bastia

Recommendations for hydration backpack brands for roadies

Postby Saint Bastia » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:56 am

Hi, Just after the top brands for hydration backpacks and which models roadies approve for rides. Cheers, Bas.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Chef

Re: Recommendations for hydration backpack brands for roadie

Postby Chef » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 am

Hi,

I have a Deuter Race - it takes a 2l bladder. Comfy light weight pack that stays off the back; I have also owned a couple of camelbacks and an Ergon - I prefer the Deuter for its light weight and good fit.

Cheers

lucky7

Postby lucky7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:34 pm

If however you don't give a toss about breaching the "Euro-cool" rules as per the previous post, I highly recommend Camelbak packs and bladders. I personally won't ever wear white socks cycling :roll: .
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:55 pm

I have a deuter race. Hands down the most comfortable of all the back packs I own (its not the smallest either). I use it when I go MTB'ing.

For the roadie, if I use one, I'll use a camelbak like this one I have a 2l version one as well (not camelbak), the advantage of that 1.5l one is it is small enough that I can still get things out of my jersey pockets.

When the bladder is full its not crazy-comfortable as it bulges a bit, but drink a bit and it get better.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Two bidons is plenty, run out.... time to stop and rest. If you need more, you're doing an Ironman and they have their own bidon setups for that.

Your jersey has a lot of space if you're desperate.

I think you'll only need 2 litres if you're doing 100+ kms in the middle of the day... and that's not wise at the best of times. TimW and NotFlyingScot might have some advice on this......