CBD end of trip facilities

Shifter

CBD end of trip facilities

Postby Shifter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:04 pm

I've just changed jobs, and with it has come a change of building. Sadly, the new building has zero cycling facilities. Does anyone know of any decent end of trip facilities in the Perth CBD?
2017 Norco Optic C9.2
2010 Malvern Star Oppy A4

Thoglette

Re: CBD end of trip facilities

Postby Thoglette » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Shifter wrote:I've just changed jobs, and with it has come a change of building. Sadly, the new building has zero cycling facilities. Does anyone know of any decent end of trip facilities in the Perth CBD?
"Use the 'search', Luke". There's lots of existing threads here.

In summary: the Elder street carpark has a dedicated bike cage if you can't find anywhere to leave your bike safely in your building.

If there's no shower in your building and you ride far enough and hard enough to raise a decent sweat, there's not much dedicated bike shower facilities. However various gyms and clubs do have showers and people have been known to join them for the showers alone.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Repeating from a similar query in "Help! New to Perth & Bike to work":
ColinOldnCranky wrote:Years ago before a lot of places had facilities, some of us would use the changerooms on Langley Park just below Hill Street. Not perfect but you could shower, change back into the riding gear or some light casual stuff for the trip to the office where you would change in the dunny.

Anyway, if nothing else is available you might check out what time they open them these days. I think it is still very early for the fitness freaks.

Map at http://goo.gl/maps/W2Hi4
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Gashead

Postby Gashead » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 pm

I am new to Perth as well and have the same question. Work has facilities, but a waiting list. I am looking for a Gym that has showers and also permanent lockers so that I can leave some shirts etc. Does anyone have any Gym's that I could try. I have searched the forum, but couldn't find any listed in the CBD.

mitzikatzi

Postby mitzikatzi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 am

Citiplace Rest Centre $8 showers

http://www.cbdhealthspa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fitness First

Thanks Google "Perth CBD gym" there are more :)